#4 FOURSEVENS Quark Smart QSL !

guesserit

Banned
Yeah I can't wait for the app either, in the video he said before end of year but I called the customer service and I was told beginning of January.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question...I was not really interested in pairing with my phone and all that so what brings me back is this

1) What is the lowest lumen output this can be set?
2) what is the highest lumen output this can be set?

Thanks!

Just wanted to see if these numbers were available. Thanks!

Prepped

Enlightened
Just wanted to see if these numbers were available. Thanks!

As for lowest, I'm not sure what will be possible with new firmware updates, but as of right now I believe it's currently 1 lumen, and maximum output is 350.
I don't think you're likely to see the 350 figure change.

Prepped

Enlightened
Is there an ap for Blackberry's?

There's currently not an app, period. The iPhone release will be coming very shortly, Android hopefully not too much longer after that. No planned release for Blackberry, as far as I know - Sorry!

ryanburburidge

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I signed up to talk about this light... But think I will enjoy a lot more on this forum!
I own a Four Sevens P1 and saw the video release of the quark smart qsl-x and had to have one. I got the light about a week ago and had the same "DOA" as others have reported. The light did start to work after playing with it. I have been using it daily. I even downloaded the BT app that someone recommend in this thread. Lol Geek I know. Well today as I was showing my wife how it showed up on the BT app I took the battery out and now nothing. I have another new primary CR123A and tried it to no avail. Any one else have this issue?

thanks in advance

ryan burbridge

ryanburburidge

Newly Enlightened
Ok soo... I haven't see my other post yet and hope this does not look like I am trying to just get my first three out of the way lol.

Just seconds after hitting ring submit on my first post I tried again to insert the battery. And wouldn't you know the logo side light came on. Now I am thinking there is more than meets the eye. This is not just a light. It's a computerized light... I am thinking there are/is a capacitor that needs to power down.

The he light is working on both primaries.

This is is a nice light. I love four sevens.

Im going to make a YouTube video of this thing acting up (or normal)

Banfield

Newly Enlightened
The Pro UI is nice but it does need one tweak to make it perfect. First let me explain why. One of the toughest things to find is a light that will work as an EDC and a Tactical light. Being a regular guy with a regular job I do not need the bulk of carrying two specific purpose lights. I need one to fill both rolls. Obviously the most use is as an EDC but being able to use a light in "tactical mode" for that unexpected bump in the night is a high priority even though it is only used occasionally. It's one of those things that when it's needed it is really needed! The Quark Tactical series has been my choice for this because with just a twist I know what is going to happen when I activate the tail switch, but even that is still an extra step and something that must be remembered in a stressful situation. The solution would be to leave the side button as is on the Quark Smart but let the tail switch be set to a permanent mode that can be changed only in the software. If the tail switch always provided instant access to high it would cover the tactical part, the side switch would cover EDC use with instant access to moonlight and then ramping up to the desired level (I use moonlight a lot). It would have the makings of the perfect (almost) EDC light.

I recently made a thread in the reccomend-a-light forum asking for a light with the exact UI that you described, and I was pointed toward the Quark. If this UI was possible within the app (the single permanent tailcap brightness level without a delay), I would buy one in a heartbeat!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryan, somewhere in one of Davids posts/vids about this light he stated something like, take the battery out for 2 minutes to reset it.

rockminer

Newly Enlightened
These are going to be great lights, once the apps come out. It's still a neat light without the apps.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously where is the app? Has it even been submitted yet?

Do you mean to Apple? Yes, from post #157:

"We're hoping the app will be approved by apple before the end of the year."

Of course, that did not happen. And as for the Android app, that was supposed to be a "couple of months" behind the Apple.

I can't imagine they are dragging their feet on this, as the apps are key to multiple new products.

This light is interesting, as I am not impressed with the UI's currently available (and to get Pro UI you need to ask for it to be pre-set before shipping), but if the right customization becomes available in the Android app, I may be inclined to buy it.

wle

Newly Enlightened
Patience, grasshoppers...

it sounds nice
one thing to check though is, do you have a phone or pc with bluetooth low energy?
if it is over a year old, chances are no unless it is a high-dollar phone
over 2 years old, almost nothing had it

also known as bluetooth smart, and bluetooth 4.0
regular bluetooth won;t do it

wle

ftjandra

Newly Enlightened
So you have to have a brand new cutting edge device to utilize the device and app?
The first iPhone that supports BLE is the 4s, which I believe was released in late 2011. I am not sure about Android phones since there are so many, but I do know that the Nexus 4, which was released in 2012 has it. Imho, I would not characterize either of these two phones as 'cutting edge'.

--Ferdi

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my brief research, BLE support, or Bluetooth Smart as it is now called, in any phone we are likely to own is at most an issue of having the latest operating system software installed. My Galaxy S5 has it, and S4 supports it with latest OS. I found this on a 2 year old Q&A, but could not duplicate the search:

As per Wikipedia (Bluetooth low energy), the following Android phones with Android 4.3 support BLE :
Samsung Galaxy : S3, S4, S4 mini, Note 2
LG Optimus : Optimus G, Optimus G2, Optimus 4X & Nexus 4
I believe most of the upcoming high-end android phones will support BLE.

So I will turn wle's comments around and say that only the most archaic (by cell phone standards) smart phone, or older phone which has not had OS updates would not be able to support
Bluetooth Smart.