4 Sevens (Lithium Primary) Moonlight Runtime Test

RoadKingMoe

Newly Enlightened
Unstinkin'believable!!! That's more usable output than you would think, for so long it's not funny... I'm ordering one tomorrow. :) My wallet thanks you... :nana:

You can be the first to take a Quark 2xAA R5 through this test. :thumbsup: We have both the 2xAA R5 and clipless single 123 R5 fed with Energizer Ultimates. Both are regular (e.g. not tactical) Love 'em.

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, ordered a 2xAA tube today. Has anyone gone the guilt-free lumens approach yet and run the 2xAA on Eneloops, or should I start when I open the package? :grin2:

wantsusa

Newly Enlightened
Well I haven't found an AA² on eneloop test yet to put on my list on 4sevens forum...so go for it Scout I need the info!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, ordered a 2xAA tube today. Has anyone gone the guilt-free lumens approach yet and run the 2xAA on Eneloops, or should I start when I open the package? :grin2:

I only run Eneloops in my 2AA lights. The problem with a moonlight runtime on this combo is the Quark can still run below 0.8v so that is 0.4v per battery. Or since there is sometimes an imbalance it might be like 0.7v in one and 0.1 v in the other. You are more likely to damage the cells in a multi cell light than in a single cell.

The Eneloops seem pretty robust though. I've taken one down to 0.0v in a digital thermometer clock and it seems to be fine.

Darvis

Enlightened

Yeah baby, but they're going to have to travel far to beat the 2xAA lithium powered Quark at 949 hours (39+ days) continuous with no changes to report. <3 days to 1000 hours

I'll tell you what, if you do eneloops, I'll fire up the alkalines after the lithiums... granted, that may be like another 15 days from now. :)
progress.gif

wantsusa

Newly Enlightened
But 1095 hours is what we want...yeah cause that would be 3 hours a day for an ENTIRE year!

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm sure two AA Eneloops won't touch the 2xAA test Darvis is running now, but I'm curious none the less. :D I still can't believe we're closing in on the magic 1,000hr. mark. :candle: :popcorn::party:

Darvis

Enlightened
The 2xAA Quark is at 960 hours (40 days) continuous with no changes to report. <2 days to 1000 hours

Darvis

Enlightened
The 2xAA Quark is at 984 hours (41 days) continuous with no changes to report.

Sing with me people: "1000, 1000, I love ya, 1000, you're only a day away!"

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I saw a Ti Quark (Reg Interface) 123 no clip and a 2 x AA Ti tube for sale on the marketplace, I snagged it up bc of this thread!!!

1000 hours.... DAMN!!!! :eek:

You could use the light for almost three hours a night, for a YEAR!!! :huh:

Moonmode is pretty bright w/ night adapted eyes. :thumbsup:

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
The 2xAA Quark is at 984 hours (41 days) continuous with no changes to report.

Sing with me people: "1000, 1000, I love ya, 1000, you're only a day away!"
Wow ,unbelieveable ,waitting for your good news:).

Darvis

Enlightened
It's insane, 10 pm here now puts that sucker at 992 hours, just 8 away from a G-note!!! I'm freaking out and keep checking it constantly.

PSM- Seriously nice snag on that Ti combo. The single 123 with no clip is my favorite one, uber-compact with massive runtime. Unbeatable.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see if once the light hits 1000 hours, it starts flashing out morse code or something. There has to be an easter egg in there! :D

miyagi

Newly Enlightened
I think it's time for a nice gift to Darvis for his relentless time in pursuit of the new millenium. I bought 2 lights from 4Sevens based on your input.

Quark AA Tactical and Quark 123^2 Turbo!

lovecpf

Last edited: