4Sevens announces closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
End of an era, I really like 4sevens. Hope who ever takes over makes something out of what he gets

BVH

Flashaholic
Yes, this is sad. Just had to buy my last item from the 4Sevens store - the Stainless Mini Turbo MKII, even though I don't need it as my Alum version is just fine.

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened
Yes, this is sad. Just had to buy my last item from the 4Sevens store - the Stainless Mini Turbo MKII, even though I don't need it as my Alum version is just fine.

I just did the same, 4 sevens was a big influence in my flashahaulism and will be remembered.

I have a titanium 1st gen Preon 2 that has been carried/ used since it came out. I will hope it lasts for many more years.

BVH

Flashaholic
Ever since the Mini123 was introduced, I've not found anything to replace it for my EDC until I got a Vinh modded Mini Turbo a few months ago. How long is that - maybe 5-7 years?

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Quark Tactical had the best UI.
Other aspects of the light were soso.
I had to let it go because of those other aspects.
Sad.

nv2O6A8.jpg

DAVID CHOW - Man knows how to make an exit. :candle:

~ Cg

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
Very sad to see him go and leave the flashlight industry. He was the one who created Fenix Store and bring Fenixlight to the market.

I was surprised the relationship with Olight lasted this long, they were actually competitors with each other.

Olight is successful and they do not need the help of David Chow any longer. So sad.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

You will be missed.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Sad news, indeed !

I have many flashlights,
but my 47's AA Quarks (both T and P models)
are certainly my FAVORITES !

They have served me well
since the day(s) I got 'em.

And I'm sure they will continue
to do so, until the day I die.

Thank you, David, for EVERYTHING !

Best of Luck (and health)
to you, and your loved ones.

-- Burgess

BTW --

Aren't you * EVER * gonna' tell us
what " 47's " really means ? ? ?
< wink >

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel as if we have had another death in the family. Hopefully David is just burnt out and is looking for something new.
I hope you make some money on the sale of the business. Best of luck Mr David Chow.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
And for the Quark Lego Lovers......

That Quark Tactical is normally setup like this.

WaaSGZ5.jpg

For a light running 2XCR123 and being so UL it can still party in 2017.

kMjRr5D.jpg

IMHO the tactical UI was the high point of 4/7. Well some would say it was the Mini 1xCR123 which unless mistaken (long time ago so could be wrong) was the first production light to use the XP-G but I say it's the Tactical Quarks. So natural and easy to use. It's why I liked the Fenix TK20 and Malkoff MD2 however the Quark could be programmed. It was the best, for me anyways.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
End of an era, I really like 4sevens. Hope who ever takes over makes something out of what he gets

Indeed! Where would I be without David's contributions? From Fenix and Nitecore early on to his own brand 4Sevens. Not to mention what he may have influenced at Olight. There is a PK Knight residing in my pocket right now as I discovered this thread! Best of luck to David in his future endeavors and thanks for all the lights!

edpmis02

Enlightened
My first premium light was a Fenix (L0D) "Christmas" edition then got a L2D before David started 4Sevens.

I loved the original batch of Quarks, and I went crazy buying clearance items during the "rebranding" sale. I must have picked up 7 models to LEGO together with different emitters, tints, interfaces, battery tubes, and the discovery of "moonlight" mode... (I have a few lights that I never used). I love my low voltage turbo head on a single AA body. I never got into the other lights that were sold. I did get a Preon 2 with a Nichia 219 from another site, but was I was always frustrated about not having 18650 tubes for the Quark line and a push back about neutral/warm tints not selling well. Each new model seemed to have some type of deal breaker for me or just too high a price. I lost interest in the brand since it seemed to be chasing another demographic.

My early years were focused around Davids efforts.. Friends just grow apart, and I wish David all the best.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Four Sevens MMU-X3 was my first real flashlight. I still have it, the beam profile is still unsurpassed. It will always occupy a lofty position in the pantheon of true classic lights.

I am sure that David will find much happiness and success in all his future endeavors.

Many thank yous to a leading light!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
This doesn't surprise me really. Guesses on who is buying them out? Olight?
The way he talks about "this guy" makes me think it could be someone else since I wouldn´t talk like that "I think you will all like the guy, he is pretty awsome, there couldn´t be anyone else who could take on the baton as good as this guy" about olight as a company. Maybe PK? But we´ll know in a few weeks.

Eric

Last edited:

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
I feel as if we have had another death in the family. Hopefully David is just burnt out and is looking for something new.
I hope you make some money on the sale of the business. Best of luck Mr David Chow.

I would echo those sentiments. Some of my favorite flashlights have been 47's including one of the best edc lights, my Mini MK II copper.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chauncey will be devastated....

Why? He's involved in insider trading! Why else was he stocking up all that titanium?!?! He's just become a rich man, like selling the artists' work after his demise [emoji106]

Brightfan

Newly Enlightened
Got a mini ML, is my only 47 light, is a cool light but after I bought it I was always reluctant to buy another one, bought an Olight S10r and a S1 mini raw cu, the 47 does not have the build quality am sorry to say, the olights are much more robust. Aluminium tube on the mini ml is really thin, anodising has chipped etc.
i know there are a lot of 47 fans out there, looks like the new minis were very popular, dont think the smart light interface was a very good idea either, respect for trying to be innovators but Im not sure that flashlight buyers like the fact that this smart interface is really just an element (not really needed) that would likely just go wrong at some point. People seem to like lights with simple interfaces, efficient LED's, and mostly robustness.
maybe 47s thought the smart lights were going to be the silver bullet for their business but alas was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.