500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Enlightened
I have been away from CPF for like 3 or 4 years... I got my Torpedo back then and it was a fun experience. I still use the "remove before flight" ribbon on my car key fob till today.

But , besides the ones that never got the original ones , wasnt it supposed to be a final product that we would get in the end of the development? That was included on the price? Maybe my memory is playing a trick on me but just wanted to confirm.

Hope Guy is ok and comes back to this project.

P.S. I left all my "nukes" die... left them too long with no charge :(

Newguy2012

Enlightened
OK.
I have some good news today.
I managed to reach Guy.
He extends his deepest apologies.
He has not abandoned us.
There will be an update in a week or so.
Hang tight, each of our concerns will be addressed
:candle:
GL

Any update on this? It's been almost 2months. Is Guy okay?

ChibiM

Enlightened
I'll be in Tokyo in 2 months from now. If he is still living there I will try to catch up when possible. I hope he is doing well.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
You've been to guy's place before?
I can't speak for ChibiM but I've met Guy several times, all of them in the Tokyo area and I'm sure that any other members he's met have been in public places as well.

Very pleasant individual and always great to sit and talk flashlights with him.

cnlson

Newly Enlightened
Why is it poking your leg? You put it in your pocket with the tail facing down?

depending on how it shifts in your pocket it can be quite pokey, that was part of the reason i put mine in a desk drawer, that and the random battery drain that eventually claimed all my nukes.
the only reason i made this was i needed something to print and happened to find it in the drawer when i was looking for something to model.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has someone actually managed to get an update?
Yes

I managed to reach Guy.
Non life threatening health problems are keeping him from going online at all.
He wants to, and he also is working to be able to start engaging slowly soon,
but did not specify when.

I'll check back in August.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update. Still have the MBI Torpedo head on my list of things I need to get, so I check back here and there. Mine died 2 days after I received it.

cnlson

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update. Still have the MBI Torpedo head on my list of things I need to get, so I check back here and there. Mine died 2 days after I received it.

Why not just get a nitecore tip the next time it drops to $18? It is the equivalent of the torpedo in output with excellent features, instant turbo and instant superlow mode, usb rechargeable, battery gauge, attachment point has 30kg load limit and more http://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION/T/TIP2017/

I just got one from gearbest for $18 and after i was suitably impressed I ordered 2 from lightinthebox for $18 that are on the way.

beamshots
Tip

torp

both, tip right, torp left

I sincerely hope that Guy is on the road to recovery and this is not any sort of an attack, just what I think is reality for those in group 5 and awaiting parts, I don't forsee a happy ending. I have been thinking about putting mine on loan to those in group 5, I only have 1 nuke left so it would have to be just the flashlight and AAA's and i would want it back, but all mine has done since about a month after I got it is sit in a drawer since it killed the nukes quickly with parasitic draw at which point, on AAA, it isn't any brighter than an ITP A3 EOS that i daily carry.

I was happy to be a part of this experiment but I do feel for those that never got theirs.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not just get a nitecore tip the next time it drops to $18? It is the equivalent of the torpedo in output with excellent features, instant turbo and instant superlow mode, usb rechargeable, battery gauge, attachment point has 30kg load limit and more http://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION/T/TIP2017/

I just got one from gearbest for $18 and after i was suitably impressed I ordered 2 from lightinthebox for $18 that are on the way.

beamshots
Tip

torp

both, tip right, torp left

I sincerely hope that Guy is on the road to recovery and this is not any sort of an attack, just what I think is reality for those in group 5 and awaiting parts, I don't forsee a happy ending. I have been thinking about putting mine on loan to those in group 5, I only have 1 nuke left so it would have to be just the flashlight and AAA's and i would want it back, but all mine has done since about a month after I got it is sit in a drawer since it killed the nukes quickly with parasitic draw at which point, on AAA, it isn't any brighter than an ITP A3 EOS that i daily carry.

I was happy to be a part of this experiment but I do feel for those that never got theirs.
I still have a few new Replacement batteries and chargers. I had Torpedo one die, which has been sent back... Purchased a used one from another member and it is also now dead :(. It would be most generous of You to offer this those waiting group 5 that are interested.
I hope to have more updates soon.

Edit: Gotta say the beam on the left hands down :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.