500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

markr6

Flashaholic
Is there a way to unmark this thread so it stops coming up as something I posted in?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I didn't get in on this. I just find it odd that everyone kept saying "oh I hope he gets better" yet the entire time this project was on hold and people awaited lights there was still crowdfunding going on and other projects were going out. I'm not saying guy wasn't sick and I have no right to judge anyone whatsoever so I'll just say this, a lot of you all are a lot more patient and understanding than I ever would have been. It's not a huge amount of money but it's still money I would have worked for.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think many of us know how Guy helped so many of us, how he kept us in the loop, and how much money he spent on his projects. There is no doubt in my mind that he lost a lot of money with his ambitious projects. Your comments are valid, though.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think many of us know how Guy helped so many of us

This, exactly, I would have hated to have had this ruin a relationship with someone who was always there to answer questions and help however they could. Things happen, you do what you can and move on. Had I been monetarily invested in this it would have ruined my perspective on a person at the time I considered a remarkable visionary for what we could do with our hobby. I wish him the best and hope this gets resolved one way or another for all parties involved.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does markr6's question then bring up the possibility that perhaps this thread should be locked? Many of us here inherently dislike locking but wondering how members feel. If someone wants to put a candle in the window for the guy with no name, then they can start a thread?

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Does markr6's question then bring up the possibility that perhaps this thread should be locked? Many of us here inherently dislike locking but wondering how members feel. If someone wants to put a candle in the window for the guy with no name, then they can start a thread?

Trouble is some members still have money on the table. Locking the thread seems symbolic of forcing them to accept a loss.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I think many of us know how Guy helped so many of us, how he kept us in the loop, and how much money he spent on his projects. There is no doubt in my mind that he lost a lot of money with his ambitious projects. Your comments are valid, though.
Every time I saw him he insisted on paying for whatever we ordered. Usually just coffee but actually a meal every once in a while. He'd always thank me for taking the time to come listen to him talk about flashlights.
Outside of that, it sounded like he was cramming his flashlight obsession in between what sounded like an equally hectic career. Whatever we ever find out, or don't, it sure was an interesting period in CPF history.

cnlson

Newly Enlightened
Trouble is some members still have money on the table. Locking the thread seems symbolic of forcing them to accept a loss.

I think that ship sailed years ago. The light itself used a special 80mah 10250 that I don't believe you can buy elsewhere either, so those that do have it basically have a aaa light now anyway. and a aaa light that does not have a positive stop so it can turn on with no notice in your pocket, where, you can get impaled on the real "fin" points. I carry it every once in a while but mostly replaced it with a nitecore tip, tini and soon a TUP

edit: just checked, Matchbox instruments is gone, his mailing list signup is gone, his facebook hasn't had a post since 2016 and the same here on CPF.

here was his email back in the day
... others personal info deleted ...

if anyone wants to email him.

Last edited by a moderator:

archimedes

Flashaholic
After receiving further messages regarding this situation, we will close this thread for now. Thank you all for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.