500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
AARGhhh... now a mod for green copper torpedo and the light isn't even out yet! ... must... hang...on.to...wallet!

nbp

Flashaholic
Really? Those posts were deleted? Not allowed to joke around here anymore or what? :ohgeez:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? Those posts were deleted? Not allowed to joke around here anymore or what? :ohgeez:

Looks that way .

I guess it went WAY too far ... off topic.

Mention of bodily functions are not permitted here any more.
The L.E.D. Museum abused it and made it very objectionable.

Back on topic ........ When is the Torpedo going to LAUNCH ?

~

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Que paso?

No posts deleted here. Did you mean a different thread?
Yup. I got some screenshots of 5 of them, except nbp's last comment. Can't go there or I will be :banned:
I will be waiting for the results to see if the Torpedo passes I.P.xx testing. Probably won't be until after the light is released however. Mods I am refering to water and dust intrusion testing ratings :).
GL

TMG, I like your new avitar, looks pretty cool.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah... I see. Thanks, guys. Things have gotten to a point where I miss something around here once in a while. ;)

Yours truly,

The ALMOST All-Seeing Bimmerboy

P.S. I'm getting "ANSI" for updates from the_guy_with_ti (though I'm buying Al... lol)!

Draven451

Enlightened
tgwnn,

I hope your week is going well and that the proto's are moving along nicely in this process :)
Any updates or news for your anxiously awaiting CPF'ers? :wave:

yifu

Enlightened
No update for 2 weeks... maybe there's no internet where he is? Either that or he decided that he won't be making these for us anymore. It was supposed to be a 2011 Christmas release, and then it became early feb, now it looks like it's not going to be out, this year at least. I hope i am wrong but this is shaping to be a major letdown, deadline wise.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, it's only been 2 weeks. I know everyone's excited but saying that something is shaping up to be a "major letdown" simply because The_Guy hasn't replied here in 2 weeks is ridiculous.

People have lives outside this hobby. He could be spending time with his family on a vacation (if he has one, he's mysterious that way) or working on his taxes or 100 other things that have a higher priority.

Good things take time, especially when it's just 1 guy working on it in his spare time on his own money.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for calm here. In my time as a flashaholic, I've taken part in a number of "idea to fruition" flashlights. Some involved a partial prepay. Some involved hundreds of dollars. Some failed miserably and took my cash with them. Some led to truly remarkeable lights. While I do not have any knowledge here aside from his participation in this thread, I will say that in my opinion, and based purely on "feel" nothing here smells like the type of production that is going to putter out. Are there things that COULD stop this light from becoming a reality, sure. Could it feil to live up to the immense hype that we've all (myself very much included) built around it? Sure. But I'm just saying that based purely on my gut, this light, and The Guy behind it, don't give off any of the signals or signs of trouble. So let's let TGMNN enjoy his time off (vacation? Work? Alien abduction?) and look forward to the updates upon his return.

Man the torpedoes!

emu124

Enlightened
Guys, it's only been 2 weeks. I know everyone's excited but saying that something is shaping up to be a "major letdown" simply because The_Guy hasn't replied here in 2 weeks is ridiculous.

People have lives outside this hobby. He could be spending time with his family on a vacation (if he has one, he's mysterious that way) or working on his taxes or 100 other things that have a higher priority.

Good things take time, especially when it's just 1 guy working on it in his spare time on his own money.

+1
exactly what I was about to post :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
He took our ideas, made a few working models and flew off with them after destroying any traces of it (including the ingeneers and machinists), robbing us of our ideas... NOT!

He's certainly on vacation OR keeping the ultimate last details to secrecy until he surprises us with a final working design even better than we imagined. I hope it's both.

I have a good intuition and I just know that I will own at least 2 torpedoes, including one in copper/high CRI that I will still use and love 10 years from now after it turned old penny dark (unless it's a brass version, in which case I might polish it a few times a year)

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
He took our ideas, made a few working models and flew off with them after destroying any traces of it (including the ingeneers and machinists), robbing us of our ideas... NOT!
+1 :lolsign:
A little patience. He may also be working with the Ti stocks that he said he was getting :naughty: plus he is also working on the Core Ti all at the same time:sweat:. Yup he is probably swimming up to his neck in work, his family, and these flashlights too.
GL

Flashlight Enthusiast

You think a big corporate juggernaut like Matchbox Heavy Industries is just one guy ? LOLOL :D

Danielsan

Enlightened
maybe he is using the time to build and test Topedos secretly and after some weeks or months he will post here again and tell us that the torpedos are ready and waiting for paypal :) I dont believe he is making a "Q50" :)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps his woman made him take a break from this development to get a chance to bring his stress levels down. Tahiti? White beaches? Umbrella drinks? Plenty of time in the beachside hut with a gentle breeze and some candles....just sayin! :)

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
You think a big corporate juggernaut like Matchbox Heavy Industries is just one guy ? LOLOL :D
I'm sure that Matchbox Heavy Industries already has the Torpedo completed and are holding it in a top secret lab, in an undisclosed underground mountain bunker location, and it's all that corporate redtape to finally get it publically released, just like congress trying to pass a bill :wave:.

Status
Not open for further replies.