7D Cell Maglite???

willrx

Enlightened
It's nice to see some interest still for the 7's. For a while, it seemed they were all but forgotten.:)

Coke

Newly Enlightened
I know there is even a 8x D cell maglite, celebration version.
Seen it once at a security conference.

I am looking for the 8 or 7 D Cell maglite, anyone one for sale?

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
T HAT MAKES TWO OF US, I'LL SETTLE FOR A " C " OR " D " NEW OR USED.........
help.gif

Ray T

Newly Enlightened
Where can I find the bulbs for the 7 cell and what is there #

willrx

Enlightened
Those particular bulbs have never produced a very nice beam. Buy one first and see if you like it. Just trying to help.:)

Ray T

Newly Enlightened
How do you get the ring out of the d-cell after you remove the switch assembly?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just going from memory, it's an internal snap ring. A set of snapring pliers, or some long needlenose with sharp tips will work.

Ray T

Newly Enlightened
Problem solved reguarding the ring removal. I gave it to maglite and they took care of it.

I got 12 6-cell Mag-num star bulbs and with the Energizer Max D cell my 7d maglite blows bulbs right away. It is bright for a few seconds but apparently I bought the wrong bulbs. It's great to have a rare classic but keeping it funchning is the problem. I just got it back from maglite in Ontario, Ca. and they went through it and put everything new that could be replaced free. Lifetime guarntee. They put a philips PR 20 bulb it and it was so weak that a 2 cell cheap flashlite had the same brightness. What is the solution to keeping the brightness and getting good bulb life?

Last edited:

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
You could put a Terra LUX Mini starr up-grade for 6 cell from Z battery, i'm running one on 3x123A a little over 9.6 V or you could sell it to me and be done with the problem...........

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
picked up a 7C Maglite # 70001811 in original box that end flap says ( 7Cell Large Head "C" ) which happens to be the same
size as ones made today, as stated above. Last week p/u another 7C # 70016685, would be VERY interested in a EXTRA-LARGE head Maglite any size "C" or "D" [email protected]

Newly Enlightened
I thought 6D and 6C was the largest that Mag-Lite ever made. I am shocked to see actual pictures from this old thread of larger Mags. Although not very practical looking, they are great as conversational pieces. Any chance they will go on sale so I can own one someday?:naughty:

cdeer001

Newly Enlightened
FYI - one just sold on eBay 01/31/2012 for $342.77(USD):eek:. Item number: 110814278280.

The auction has some nice pics of this rare flashlight.

Chris

Latest posts