8yrs on review of the Fenix LD10 and Technoline BL 700 charger!

Assimilator1

Newly Enlightened
Not a proper test like many here, just a long term follow up! Not sure how many bother/are bothered by this, but thought I'd give a quick post for those that are interested.

LD10, bought in August 2012, it had 1 new head 3mths in after a drop, which was replaced under warrantee :). It's also had 2 new switches, 1 under warrantee IIRC, the 2nd one has just packed up (had it apart, the button sticks, lube didn't help). It still has the odd behaviour with the higher powered batteries when they go flat, the torch just shuts off and doesn't dim noticeably! Unlike the cheap 8+yrs old Tesco batteries which do go dim long before dying (btw the Tesco batteries are still going! Although their rather weak now, but the Enloopes died years ago and they were newer!).
I'm a car mechanic and so use my torch every working day, and 1 in 3 Saturday mornings, so high usage. Despite many drops and welding splatters on the lens :eek:, it was still working well until a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping I can get a new switch for it to keep it going! So, overall, I'm pleased with it :).

BL 700 charger, bought early 2013. It's still going, but suffering some problems, even when new it was somewhat sluggish to switch between different modes and charge rates, but now it's downright sloth like and I'm lucky if I can even switch modes on the 1st go! Also theirs a problem with the power lead or socket on the charger itself, sometimes when I move it, it looses connection briefly. I doubt it's the lead as it doesn't get bent significantly (I'll check it anyway).
Another problem, which is probably more down to old tired batteries (the aforementioned Tesco batteries), but thought I'd mention it anyway, is that when charging it'll say the batteries are full when they are not, and that popping them out and putting them back in again (usually a few times spread out) does eventually charge them up. Having all 4 slots filled with old batteries seems to make this worse.

LMK if I missed something about them
How have other people found the LD10 and BL700?

Last edited: