Emisar D3AA, custom Triple w new AA/14500 driver w NoPWM

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Boost Driver from thefreeman, and being built into the Emisar D3AA, has no PWM, uses Anduril UI.

details here
Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 12.20.10 PM.png

The D3AA is a triple LED light.. (more floody, less throw, but more lumens). The beam shape can be changed by swapping Carclo Optics.

One Huge advantage of the D3AA is the extensive LED selection.. 519a (both domed and dedomed), 219b, W1... etc

choices are good ;-)
JLHawaii is offering the new FFL351a 3750K LED as an option..

other options include, tailmagnet and stainless bezel.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol.. I figured I had you at "more efficient" ;-)

Im still waiting to see how much it weighs, and how Phat it is..

one thing Im looking forward to is the ability to locate the light in the dark, with the Aux color of my choosing (dim red is my jam)

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Boost Driver from thefreeman, and being built into the Emisar D3AA, has no PWM, uses Anduril UI, and is more efficient than the AA Zebra driver.

details here
View attachment 59790

imo the only things the Zebra still has that are better are, potting, and screw on pocket clips..

others may also feel the Zebra UI is more to their liking (not for me, I Love Anduril), and the Zebra host is more handsome (I might agree).. lol

otoh, Zebras have no Aux lights, and no Tailmagnets..
another difference is the D3AA is a triple LED light.. (more floody, less throw, but more lumens)

One Huge advantage of the D3AA is the extensive LED selection.. 519a (both domed and dedomed), 219b, W1... etc

choices are good ;-)
(this is a prelease announcement, the light is not yet on the Emisar website, im not affiliated, just a fan)
I just might have to get one of these. In Titanium though

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol.. I figured I had you at "more efficient" ;-)

Im still waiting to see how much it weighs, and how Phat it is..

one thing Im looking forward to is the ability to locate the light in the dark, with the Aux color of my choosing (dim red is my jam)
i have no idea why i love efeincy so much lol im ocd abut it i guess it has to be growing up poor lol. even my computer i want it to have the best efficient cpu and gpu lol my bikes i charge by solar and change tires to get more Millage lol

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
efficiency awareness can also have been learned from a time when lights used single use disposable batteries

being able to estimate remaining runtime, used to be much more critical, before the advent of rechargeable batteries, and lights with battery check functions (built in voltmeter), such as Anduril lights have..

HDS for example, though great in many ways, has no gas gauge at all.. the only way to know battery voltage is to remove and test manually..

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
The new Boost Driver from thefreeman, and being built into the Emisar D3AA, has no PWM, uses Anduril UI, and is more efficient than the AA Zebra driver.

details here
View attachment 59790

imo the only things the Zebra still has that are better are, potting, and screw on pocket clips..

others may also feel the Zebra UI is more to their liking (not for me, I Love Anduril), and the Zebra host is more handsome (I might agree).. lol

otoh, Zebras have no Aux lights, and no Tailmagnets..
another difference is the D3AA is a triple LED light.. (more floody, less throw, but more lumens)

choices are good ;-)
(this is a prelease announcement, the light is not yet on the Emisar website, im not affiliated, just a fan)
Good. Zebralight could use a push. They've been resting on their own laurels for years now.

One advantage of a ZL you forgot is the weight. They're very light. If Emisar can make this D3AA as light as the D2––wow.

Hopefully Hank can incorporate this new driver into the D2 and make that light a bit more efficient...and dual chemistry(?). It would be a hall of famer.

Last edited:

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
its not a mule, but, its a triple,
so it will be more floody than a single LED in a reflector anyway,
and you could also choose the even more floody optic.. its a Carclo, so there are options.
You think this optic will fit the Lumintop FWAA? That's also a tripple 14500. Frosted optic, super floody. Woud be great to replace it with a more throwy optiic. 17mm D leaves no options I'm aware of.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have no idea why i love efeincy so much lol im ocd abut it i guess it has to be growing up poor lol. even my computer i want it to have the best efficient cpu and gpu lol my bikes i charge by solar and change tires to get more Millage lol

Everyone should love efficiency, who wouldn't want to know their things are performing at their very best? Why not opt for more runtime for the same amount of lumens or more lumens for the same runtime? I recently got am Eagtac D25AAA and I like it quite a bit, but I can't get over the runtime on low. 8 lumens and 6 hours of runtime for the XP-G2 S3 variant. Oof. I also just got an Emisar KC1 from Skylumen that's 16 lumens with a dedomed 4500K 519A and got the same 6 hours of consistent output. That makes the D25AAA's efficiency an even tougher pill to swallow.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah o and i love super low out puts when i need them im taling sub lumens

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Boost Driver from thefreeman
Don't know too much about this guy other than the crazy mods I've saw on Reddit and such. Is hank using his custom drivers now? Need some more info about this. Regardless, I never thought I'd buy a Hank light until I came across this. I will be getting one for sure.

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
I could not be more excited for this light. I have been on a real custom kick lately, but this is the most excited I've been for a release for AGES. I agree with the Titanium body. I run my 14500 lights on low modes anyways, so I have 0 concerns about heat on this.

Time to invest In some potting compound I think.