A tribute to present and past custom builders

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave, beautiful collection and some great pics! Post #135, bottom right hand corner is the light I was asking about. You take individual shots of a lot of favorites, but so far none of this one. May I ask what light this is and if one might still be available? Is this in Ti or Al?
Thanks for the kind words about my collection. I've been very fortunate to acquire so many nice lights! :)

That particular light was part of a limited private run and was made by Tain and it's called a Titanium Hyperlux. I was lucky enough to get it from someone else on the B/S/T forum. Your only chance to get one would be if someone else wants to part with theirs. You can see a few more pictures of it in this thread, along with lots of other beautiful lights from Tain.

By the way, the other light you mentioned with the big head is (I think) a McGizmo Makai. You can see better pictures of it here and here.

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
DL, I had your Tritium Wonderland Sunwayman V10R on the screen and my 5 year old came up behind me saying "WHOOOOAAAAA!!!" in an awe inspired deep gutteral voice that indicated he really really likes it! lol I think he speaks for us all...

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
DL, I had your Tritium Wonderland Sunwayman V10R on the screen and my 5 year old came up behind me saying "WHOOOOAAAAA!!!" in an awe inspired deep gutteral voice that indicated he really really likes it! lol I think he speaks for us all...
This made my day! Thanks. :)

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted this over in the Muyshondt collections thread but I suppose it would be okay to post here as well. ;)

3 Ti Mk II Aeons
Blk HA Aeon
Nat HA Aeon
Bronze Aluminum Ion (modded)
Mako Flood

TnC Collector's Ti Micro Lux # 5 of 5 made (going to order up some trits for her next month)

PhotonFanatic Tasklight II

On a side note I would like to have a true custom made by Fred sometime in the future (money permitting on my end and providing he would accept such a request).

Not pictured (will add when I have a chance) is a Mac's Custom Stonewashed Aluminum Tri-EDC and one of AardvarkSagus's Fire-on-a-stick :D.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice selection of customs Moshow! :) I still need to add a Photon Fanatic light to my collection as well.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah WHOA is what we all say haha :)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was really funny, I hear that deep awestruck elongated whoooooa from over my shoulder and was at first puzzled, glanced over my shoulder and his eyes were big with his jaw hanging slack and realized I looked exactly like that just moments before! lol

My son is going on 6 but wise in the ways of the world. I mean, how many kids learn to aim into the toilet with a 2" wide glowing green trit embedded into the bowl to aim at? Ok, so late at night the bathroom has an eerie alien green glow emanating from the white throne of honor, AND? :p
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son is going on 6 but wise in the ways of the world. I mean, how many kids learn to aim into the toilet with a 2" wide glowing green trit embedded into the bowl to aim at? Ok, so late at night the bathroom has an eerie alien green glow emanating from the white throne of honor, AND? :p
This is a great idea! :naughty:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Every time I check this thread, it shows me how badly I need a decent camera. And some decent skills.
Lacking that, here's some custom (or nearly custom) work by HDS, McGizmo, PhotonFanatic, FiveMega, Ronac and Mac:

Hiro Protagonist

Enlightened
Shark Attack! :D

2o23.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
Your new addition is a beauty Dave and that's a great TNC collection. Excellent pictures and really nice contrasting metallic colors! :bow:

Chris of TNC makes amongst the most solid, bullet-proof lights that I have in my collection and the designs are really cool, especially the Dragon Scales. :)

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the nice words Daniel. I do like the various colors of metal.

I also agree with your comments about the TNC lights. They are very well made. Some of the earliest custom lights in my collection were from TNC, and I've always really enjoyed them.