AAA Lights; Post your favorites

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I figured out how to keep the top of my Lumintop EDC01 from falling off in my pocket...... a wrap of teflon tape did the trick.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tank 07 is also available in SS. Might have look into that as well.
For me, in this size light I really like a Medium mode first. I know I'm the minority, but when I turn in a light, most times I want a good amount of light. At least 30 lumens to 80.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Tank 07 is also available in SS. Might have look into that as well.
For me, in this size light I really like a Medium mode first. I know I'm the minority, but when I turn in a light, most times I want a good amount of light. At least 30 lumens to 80.
Starting in Medium mode is fine with me..... low is ok too but not high mode.
a 20-40 lumen mode for AAA is medium IMO.... with medium needing to have at least 2 hours of runtime if not closer to 4 hours.
The problem I've seen with the tank and solarforce models is either only one mode or the lousy spaced modes of 50/100 percent and flashing modes or a high mode that is unimpressive... 50 lumens for high is closer to medium than high mode IMO.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
ES12-Mini-flashlight-120lumen-10[1] by , on Flickr

Does anyone have this light? Is the mode sequence LMH? Looks pretty cool.
CREE XP-E R3 LED, Max 120 Lumens3 Modes-120lm(33mins), 60lm(95mins), 10lm (1020mins)
My main question , What is the mode sequence? The aluminum version has mode memory, but I do not know about this one.

I like the flats,reminds me of my oldFenix.
Plus the head looks grippy.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
random post. i have a whole range of favorite AAA lights but if i had to name just one, it'd be any incarnation of the stainless steel K18 hands down, now a rarity on the open market:
prybar2tcj2.jpg

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have this light? Is the mode sequence LMH? Looks pretty cool.
CREE XP-E R3 LED, Max 120 Lumens3 Modes-120lm(33mins), 60lm(95mins), 10lm (1020mins)
My main question , What is the mode sequence? The aluminum version has mode memory, but I do not know about this one.

It functions the same as the aluminium version. I bought one because I didn't like the anodising getting worm of the Ali version by my keys!

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really the SS k18 is not available anymore?
well it comes in batches, GoingGear is out of stock, amazon out of stock takes time to restock, or you'd get it shipped from CN/HK dealers thru ebay, etc HKE should carry stock but not everyone likes to order from overseas, which is why i didn't get my Maratac AAA's from US direct (i am in gemani).
the wide availability of the SS k18 has been decreasing, that's correct.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Lumintop ant have any delay when turning on or off like the K18?
It's the only feature I don't like on Ultratac.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like the ant is Lo-Med-Hi-Off. So you have to scroll trough the modes to turn off :thumbsdow

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Here are a few of my aaa lights. I used to love the Tools but the mid-low-high sequence irritatated the bejesus out of me. Not to mention the clips that dont carry deep enough.

My favorite, hands-down, is the Olight i3T EOS. Awesome two-mode aaa light with a powerful output. And most importantly, a forward clicky switch and a deep-carry pocket clip.

Why it took this long for manufacturers to make a decent aaa light with a clicky switch is a head scratcher. Now if only they offered it in neutral white...
48b83e1e826bf31bdcc75066a8b3e9ef.jpg

340pd

Newly Enlightened
Maratac, in every metal flavor they offer. They fit in the watch poclet of jeans even with a spare battery and small SAK. Love these handy little lights. Interesting that I have found the brass to be the smoothest operators.

Last edited:

Latest posts