AAA Lights; Post your favorites

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I think Fenix is due for a bunch of updates but i'm not so sure they care what I think! :grin2: I'd like to see an E01, E05, Ld__ (single AA light) and LD22 (2aa) update. Bring em on Fenix!
BTW --

I notice Fenix Store is now OUT OF STOCK
of every color of the E05 (1xAAA) flashlight !

Very Similar to what recently happened
to our Much Beloved model E01 light !

Why the Secrecy ? ? ?

Perhaps a Replacement(s)
is on the horizon ?

:thinking:
_

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correction: they MADE the Beta for Darksucks. Right up until they completely copied the design blatantly without even making slight changes to the design or dimensions. After that, Kason decided not to do business with them anymore and for good reason.
Just saying. Might want to do your research.
lol, i bought a lumintop worm long before the beta was out. So you claim the lumintop is a copy of the beta? The beta is the copy. You might want do do your research:tinfoil:

2011:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...-Aluminum-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

3 years later in 2014:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...metheus-Beta-QR-Review-A-Layman-s-Perspective

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
lol, i bought a lumintop worm long before the beta was out. So you claim the lumintop is a copy of the beta? The beta is the copy. You might want do do your research

Now click on the link that you posted, and then use your eyeballs to see how that early design of the worm is NOT the same as the Beta flashlight. Then look at the current version of the worm, which has been redesigned to be an exact copy of the Beta minus the QR mechanism. That old version of the worm looks more like the grip on a McGizmo 123A clicky pack.
Your attempt to be a smart @ss didn't go very well.
Take a very close look at the head design on that early worm. It has a single groove going around the head. Now look at the current design. The current worm design has fuller style grooves EXACTLY like the Beta. Look closely at the body of this old worm. The old worm has ANGULAR grooves on the body. Now look at the current worm. The current worm has round smooth grooves on the body that are the EXACT same dimensions as the BETA.
Jason did not copy the worm. Lumintop changed the design to copy the Beta.
And PS, the Beta was a kickstarter project started in 2013.

Last edited:

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened
So, uh, I'm a fan of the Pelican 1910 [emoji28]

Great for a work light as it comes on in higher mode, but can easily be double tapped with forward clicky to get to the low mode for longer use. And built like a tank.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Probably not fancy enough for this crowd, but I wear a Nitecore MT06 on a lanyard around my neck. It has all the features I want and none I don't want. Best $20 I ever spent - although it seems to sell for $25 now.

Plenty fancy ES (post 106). Plenty fancy.

So now the E05 is gone? Dratz. I stopped at one of those instead of building a stockpile. Not a complete work around for the E01 but did check a bunch of boxes the E01 left open. I dang near lost my one E05 when the supplied battery vented or something. Went to use it one evening and it wouldn't twist left or right. Huh?

Got it to twist loose and heard a slurping sound when the top came off. Battery was noticeably wet with a syrupy like clear liquid. It had been on my night table stand so it wasn't it was subjected to extremes. I'd only turned it to high very briefly twice or so.

Chucked that cell quick-like and inserted an ultimate lithium. It is nice to have the medium setting. I see no need for high.

Since then I acquired a warm C01 by Sofirm. Nice little E01-ish light. Brighter than the number suggests for 10 feet (3m) or less uses.

I like how the E01 is useable at about 25 feet (8m). But I now have a warm Solitaire LED for that. For 75 feet (24m) uses my PKDL PL2 with eneloop pro is the throw champ. And optional 12 to 20 lumen low (depending on which version of the spec sheet you read) it can be very useful when not a lot of light is needed. A friend told me he got 17.5 hours runtime on an ultimate lithium using his PL2 on low.

Cosmodragoon

Newly Enlightened
... Since then I acquired a warm C01 by Sofirm. Nice little E01-ish light. Brighter than the number suggests for 10 feet (3m) or less uses...

I have the 3200K version of the C01. It is one of my absolute favorite little lights. It is very gentle with a rich, comfortable color. At the same time, it is certainly bright enough to use around the house in dark rooms. It will light up the area right in front of you outdoors. It's perfect as a reading light at night. It has value as an EDC or emergency light because it is very small, weighs very little, and lasts a VERY long time.

The only reason this warm C01 isn't on my key ring is that I want a little more reach and a little more power as an option for that slot in my EDC. I wish the C01S replicated this exactly as its low mode but it still looks great in low. The initial run of the C01S ran High-Low so I didn't get one. I picked up the Low-High BLF special edition and it's almost perfect. They did it in raw aluminum though and I don't love that. Supposedly, we'll be seeing some anodized versions in Low-High moving forward.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
PK Design Lab and they are still available.
And it appears Arch that we typed at almost the same time!:eek:
Where do you buy the light? The official website hasn't been updated in years. The Amazon store is empty. does the man make flashlights anymore?

Last edited:

lumenati

Newly Enlightened
My favorite aaa is the original Foursevens Preon 1, with an added clicky. It is 3 1/4" long, 1/2" wide, titanium with a red aluminum body. It will run on a 10440, putting out ~ 360 lumens on high. I have carried it for ten years and though I am always looking I have never found one better. I expect it will be in my pocket until death do us part.

nitebrite

Enlightened
My favorite is just a Maratac everyone has seen. Although, AAA lights are kind of a waste. Maybe not so the first 5 minutes on a Lithium primary(not 10440). That is pretty expensive though. One that can truly take a 10440 is nice with a glove on. See what I mean, LOL. The first mode of a 18350 3x XP-L is brighter. I am not here to spoil the party. They are just not my personal favorite format but they do have their place. Way brighter than a coin cell. Honestly 180 lumens is not bad at all. My issue is the MAH and cost of the batteries. It is just expensive to me. Otherwise I do really like my Maratac's. I certainly did not mean to be a troll. I was just saying my personal feelings. I do not impose them on anyone by any means!

CHNeal

Enlightened
QUOTE=AMD64Blondie;5367469]Peak Eiger with a high CRI LED.
(mine's brass).

End of story..."mic drop".[/QUOTE]

... picks up mic, whispers "oveready" and tosses mic into audience.
80CE6247-4DE3-40E4-938E-087B56FF70E5.jpg

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
  • Olight i3T
  • Massdrop AAA Nichia (Electronic switch version of the Lumintop tool)
  • Jet-UV
  • Olight i3UV

These are the AAA lights I carry off and on as primary or part of EDC. None of them are very expensive to lose and all of them work well for my purposes. Even when I go with a larger EDC light I will usually carry the Massdrop AAA as a back up since it is so small.Eventually I want to pony up the money for a brass Peak Eiger but these do nicely for now.

Burgess

Flashaholic
I totally agree with the

Lumintop/MassDrop AAA (single cell)
electronic switch version of the Tool !

:thumbsup:

Right now, it's difficult to get,
cuz' they ship from China, and
that CoVid-19 has factories shut down.