AAAAHHH! TOO MANY LIGHTS!!!

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
in the last 2 monthes i have added a lot of pricy lights to my collection and love them all dearly. my core most used lights(CMUL) are:

arc ls + packs
arcfinity green
arc aaa red and arc aaa white
6R
G2z(R)
kl3
kl1
L4
E2
12DM
ultrastinger
attitude
sauce micro
tazer el band

AND NOW AS IF I WASN'T OVERWHELMED ENOUGH...

ubh
e2c adapter

WHAT AM I DOING TO MYSELF!

one week with the ubh BWCAW had was enough to overload my brain with all the posiblities and the like.

i can't help myself when i see a real neat light ijust gotta buy one.

And now im thinking on plunking $85 for a tigerlight system.

am i nuts?
is there a cure?
WHATS WRONG WITH ME!?!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just keep buying until you own every light you want, that is currently produced, then you will only have to buy lights that are new. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
Just keep buying until you own every light you want, that is currently produced, then you will only have to buy lights that are new. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This how you distinguish hardcore flashaholics from those who merely have a small flashahol problem.

bwcaw

Enlightened
It sounds like you need to buy more lights! You havn't bought many at all! At least not compared to some of us here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW you are nuts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:

BTW you are nuts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
If you asked my wife she would say "We all are nuts!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whistler

Enlightened
Perhaps I'm missing the point. But what's exactly your problem? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif After reading your message over and over I can't see it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup
there is nothin wrong with us. Remember, we are flashaholics and having a lot of lights is one of our most basic NEEDS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gbreckley

Newly Enlightened
At first when I came to this site I thought it might be a support group of sorts, but the longer I am here the more lights I buy so I think it is really just the opposite of a support group. I think Roths signature sums it up best: "go not to the flashaholics for counsel, for they will say buy this and that"

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for sharing the horror of your situation with the group Aragon. Lucky for you I have just started a free light withdrawal clinic. The first step on you road to recovery is to give up your lights. E-mail me and I will send you my mailing address.

Dr. Ken

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:

[/ QUOTE ]

What, no multiple duplicates for backup?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, either you run out of "unique" lights to buy, or your pocketbook says "No Mas"!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Aragorn,

I see a fatal flaw in your flashlight purchases. Other than the ARC AAA, you only have 1 of each.

Come on, get with the program. After all, you have 2 hands. You should have at least 2 of each kind of light.

Tom

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is possible, for somebody on this board, to convince SF and Arc to sell us their non - commercial prototypes of 5 Watt dimmable, instant start HID and all the wonderful light I only hear about? Including a non-disclosure agreement for the members, if necessary.

I think many of us would be not very choosy on prices, so they may make some revenue from otherwise non-productive items. They would receive the most qualified feedbacks in the world at no cost, and we would have the flashlights-to-be. (I believe the best cure for terminal flashaholism).

Regards

Anthony

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Charles Bradshaw
You're thinking too much & it's getting in the way of your
impulse buying. Knock it off & get with the program /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

hideo

Enlightened
Hoghead, this forum definitely encourages excess ... all you have to do to break this vicious cycle is just sell the ones you haven't used in awhile ... for instance:

my black SF G2 which has been my nitestand lite (means I turn it on occasionally to admire the beam--would never go to the can with it--too bright--use my neck-strung ARC AA LE or lately the LSL for that)--hasn't really been used so I go to "BST" and just post it ...

hmmm, hold on a sec ... it's a really nice lite and it's nice to have an olive one and a and a black one ...NAWWWWW, keep it!

let's try again ... my second Dorcy Cool Blue--chunky little yellow guy with a single LED-- no-brainer, dump it ... goto BST and ...

welllllllll? ... it does last forever on 4AAs... the miniscule center spot is almost as bright as the LSL ....ahhhh, I'll never get anything out of it from these guys anyway ... KEEEPIT!

SEE!!

see how easy it is!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

hideo