Acebeam K60 (1xXHP70, 4x18650) Review

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, you can just make more money! 😀

It's funny how it works with me, as painful as it is on initial purchase, I never have buyers remorse when I spend the bucks and get what I really want "within reason of course ', but I don't know how many things I've taken back because once I got the lesser, what I really wanted kept haunting me!

markr6

Flashaholic
Ah, you can just make more money! [emoji3]

It's funny how it works with me, as painful as it is on initial purchase, I never have buyers remorse when I spend the bucks and get what I really want "within reason of course ', but I don't know how many things I've taken back because once I got the lesser, what I really wanted kept haunting me!

Yes!! I've started to take this approach on most purchases over the past few years. Not just for flashlights but for other hobbies. Got tired of "upgrading". Buy it once and be done!

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
So we wish! But it does cut down the clutter as it takes longer before your obsolete!

When led torches were first made, they were pieces of crap.

Now they are pieces of art built like a fortress, especially with the extra touches of our special people on this forum do!

It's hard to throw them away because they are all great lights! So the collection grows.

I usually give mine away once I no longer play with them... It does tend to blow away the non enthusiasts recipient!.... More fun than selling IMO... But it has to be the right person that will appreciate it.

This K60 is great light.

I'm sure it will be superceded like all toys built on cutting edge technology but for now it's the cats meow..

Especially if it's got the vn54 touch!

This has been a most exhaustive review worthy of this great light...... Great job!

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can it really output 5000lm? Or is that just marketing?
This intriguing question was asked:
Those outdoor beamshots photos look very nice. This light is of interest to me, because it has lots of power, and not pure flood, but capable of some throw, too, as judged by the single large, deep reflector.

The 5000 lumens: What kind of lumens? Are these ANSI lumens? Word on the street is that this light is probably closer to 4000 ANSI lumens. Can you clarify this for us?

Can you add more USA dealers? I would love to buy this light, and the Acebeam X60M, if I knew how many actual real normal lumens they were, and if GoingGear offered them.
And answered by Acebeam:
Hello richbuff,

The max. current is 7A for K60 on high output of 5000lm, set down to continued 4000lm after 5mins, please note

Also, Vinh can't amp it up anymore, because it is already pre-maxed at the factory for our convenience. :)

(I am still looking for a USA dealer)

Bruno28

Enlightened
Thanks rickbuff, nice. Interesting. Too bad australian dollar is so low. So this light is a bit expensive now.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam mentions it does protect itself and drops down to 4000lm after 5 mins of operation.
I don't know if a quick off/on resets the 5 mins or not... Possibly not wise on these lights to do so.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/4662410

I saw what Acebeam mentioned in the thread. My review sample does step-down after 2 mins of operation. It seems timed step-down. I didn't tried to do a quick off-on during runtime test. Anyway, the light drops down from 100% (5000 lm) output at 30 secs to 80% output (4000 lm) at 2 mins.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see this as a negative.
No matter how far technology goes in order to tweak the unit to run on the bleeding edge of performance there will NEVER be unlimited runtime at full tilt without bad effects, otherwise it could get pushed harder right?

Acebeam has released these already tweaked to max ability with a protection system to help make it idiot proof.
A smart move to appease the enthusiasts community with great performance.

Even Vinh has the same warning with tweaking his lights to their "ultra-performance" levels.. It just comes with the territory.

The alternative is to play it safe and have a 4000lm light that's maxed out. Both are very notable lumen outputs that rivals most all hid/halogen handhelds.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The alternative is to play it safe and have a 4000lm light that's maxed out. Both are very notable lumen outputs that rivals most all hid/halogen handhelds.

The actual stepped-down time is rather quicker than 5 mins, but it's OK (i.e., not bad). The stepped-down output is also higher level and shows a quite stable regulation.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
The actual stepped-down time is rather quicker than 5 mins, but it's OK (i.e., not bad). The stepped-down output is also higher level and shows a quite stable regulation.
So you think it steps from 5000lm to a higher amount than 4000lm?

That would explain the change from initial step-down from 5 min to 2 min.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you think it steps from 5000lm to a higher amount than 4000lm?

That would explain the change from initial step-down from 5 min to 2 min.

The light steps down from 5000 to 4000lm after 2 mins. I think 4000lm is also a good amount of output.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the great review! The K60 just caught my eye today :)

While researching this light, I came across a controversy from some others who mentioned issues with the battery carrier, and uneven charging/discharging - I didn't know you could charge batteries in this light at all? And some other unresolved issues from the manufacturer. Have any of you encountered these, or have they all been suitably addressed and fixed? Some bugs are inevitable, but as long as they are fixed, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm just big on safety, especially battery safety. Some of you will remember me from the old incandescent hotwire days (when such masters like Ginseng and bwaites walked amongst us) where we made a BIG deal out of battery safety when we were driving cells at their absolute limits because we didn't want anybody to get hurt.

That aside, the XHP70 looks INCREDIBLE!! And I really like the ring UI... big U2 fan here, rotary collars are the way to go :)

If there are no issues, or they've all been resolved, I might need to seriously look at the K60... so tempted....

Last edited: