• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X45vn - ARK (25K Lumen)

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't be buying more after 5 consecutive disappointments and tbh I'm surprised the relevant authorities aren't verifying his lights safe as the 3 brightest production flashlights in the world all ship with protected batteries and have shorter stepdown outta the box, my X45vn wasn't safe or presumably pre-tested due to glitching on first use.

I misunderstood. I was under the impression you tried to get in touch with him 5 times since your X45 purchase without getting an answer. Didn't realize you have had trouble with 5 of his lights. I can understand your frustration.

And I agree, safety is VERY important.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got around to posting my observations of this compared to other LED's in the Lounge thread.

The XHP70.2 CW is not blue to my eye and I hate blue white. Then again, it's not warm either. See my Lounge post.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
I won't be buying more after 5 consecutive disappointments and tbh I'm surprised the relevant authorities aren't verifying his lights safe as the 3 brightest production flashlights in the world all ship with protected batteries and have shorter stepdown outta the box, my X45vn wasn't safe or presumably pre-tested due to glitching on first use.

Vihn's lights are torture tested and very well engineered and executed, that being said no one is perfect. I have bought over 40 of his lights and there have been only 2 I ever sent back cause there was something wrong. I don't appreciate you trying to make him look bad by your comments, it seems like your passive aggressive about it.Vihn has always followed the rules and had exceptional integrity and business practices I'm compelled to come to his defense. If your bitter then move along but stop trying to smear a good reputation, cause from my point of view that's what it seems like. Respectfully my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
A lot of people stay away from Vinh lights due to his fans being "Militant", I'm starting to understand that now. It's just a shame wherever I look into flashlights whether it be Youtube, forums or facebook I have to put up with people saying 'get the Vinh version' or 'wait for the Vinh version' etc etc, I've tried Vinh, my experiences were dour and yes I am a little bit aggressive about it all as I can't escape it other than pissing off the hobby.
"Militant" Really? That makes no sense all im saying is stop beating a dead horse I'm sure he gave you a refund so let the negative comments about his work alone cause your exaggerating it. l am not militant I'm peaceable.

drummer132132

Enlightened
A lot of people stay away from Vinh lights due to his fans being "Militant", I'm starting to understand that now. It's just a shame wherever I look into flashlights whether it be Youtube, forums or facebook I have to put up with people saying 'get the Vinh version' or 'wait for the Vinh version' etc etc, I've tried Vinh, my experiences were dour and yes I am a little bit aggressive about it all as I can't escape it other than pissing off the hobby.

I've bought plenty of lights from vinh and have been very happy. "Get the Vinh version" and "wait for the Vinh version" does not make anyone militant. They're just offering an alternative because they believe in the product. It's the same thing when someone recommends a stock light. They believe in the product. Honestly it's pretty obvious you're on a smear campaign. Most people get their refund and that's it. Not sure what your end goal is but your actions are no better than your own "militant" comment since you yourself seem to be on a "mission."

Curious to know, aside from your negative experience with the X45vn what were the other vn lights you've had problems with? Specifically for each one.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has the new driver and everything been sorted out with this light? I still have not sent in my light for the upgrade because I remember reading a post from vinh saying he recommends to hold off longer the better so he can work out all the kinks.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
I've bought plenty of lights from vinh and have been very happy. "Get the Vinh version" and "wait for the Vinh version" does not make anyone militant. They're just offering an alternative because they believe in the product. It's the same thing when someone recommends a stock light. They believe in the product. Honestly it's pretty obvious you're on a smear campaign. Most people get their refund and that's it. Not sure what your end goal is but your actions are no better than your own "militant" comment since you yourself seem to be on a "mission."

Curious to know, aside from your negative experience with the X45vn what were the other vn lights you've had problems with? Specifically for each one.

Very well said!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Has the new driver and everything been sorted out with this light? I still have not sent in my light for the upgrade because I remember reading a post from vinh saying he recommends to hold off longer the better so he can work out all the kinks.

All the lights with the recalled updated circuit has been operating without any issues. You may send yours in anytime. Email me for return shipping label.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Very well said!

I have a disappointed customer who have decided not pursue future transactions so I think there will no longer be anymore issues to discuss. However, I am not at liberty to discuss customers private order info but if KGtunning wants to share the disappointment with the specifics of each order and how it was handled I think it would be constructive feedbacks for all.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have a disappointed customer who have decided not pursue future transactions so I think there will no longer be anymore issues to discuss. However, I am not at liberty to discuss customers private order info but if KGtunning wants to share the disappointment with the specifics of each order and how it was handled I think it would be constructive feedbacks for all.

The dissatisfied customer should indeed post his grievances in one thread and not post his concerns are over CPF. He could start a Jeer's thread, following all of the Jeers policies. Be good if there were no more postings from the dissatisfied customer, nor responses by members.,in this thread.

Bill

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happy to report the new driver works 100%! No complaints whatsoever. Scary bright.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The dissatisfied customer should indeed post his grievances in one thread and not post his concerns are over CPF. He could start a Jeer's thread, following all of the Jeers policies. Be good if there were no more postings from the dissatisfied customer, nor responses by members.,in this thread.

Bill

Agreed!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm happy to say that I have an X45vn on the way and I'm happy to live with a few beam imperfections in a 25000 lumen light for about $350. That value for money kills anything that has come before it from Vinh or anyone else. I am aware of the tint limitations of pushing the new 70.2 LEDs to their limit, and that's a price I'm prepared to pay for this light.

I've had to wind back my purchases of V54 lights to one every six months, and this one is it as seems to be the outlier. I'll post my opinions ( a la Mad) here when I receive it. [emoji4]

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Acebeam X45vn XHP70.2 is in the mail on its way to me. Even though I was never in a rush to latch on to this light, I am very excited to be getting it. Mine took longer because it had shipping issue, it got stuck in San Francisco for more than a few days. I anticipate that it will be the most powerful performer in its head diameter/beam profile classification.

----------------
May 12th:
I have been just waiting to decide when to purchase the X45vn; but I am emailing Vinh right now: If you return this particular item for a refund, and if this particular item is repairable and upgraded to the new driver that is coming in several days, I will purchase it from Vinh. :)

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could an owner or two of this light please let me know what batteries you are using? Specifically, as VTC5A seems to be the consensus, do you need to have a solder blob? Thanks in advance. [emoji4]

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
How hard would it be to make a thrower variation of this light with (4) XHP 35 HI emitors?

I realize the Acebeam X65 is much closer to that but I was looking for something closer to this size and perhaps 8,000 Lumens and 400K Lux...

Is there another light out there closer to those specs?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
How hard would it be to make a thrower variation of this light with (4) XHP 35 HI emitors?

I realize the Acebeam X65 is much closer to that but I was looking for something closer to this size and perhaps 8,000 Lumens and 400K Lux...

Is there another light out there closer to those specs?
Imalent DT35. You can email Vinh and ask him about it.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could an owner or two of this light please let me know what batteries you are using? Specifically, as VTC5A seems to be the consensus, do you need to have a solder blob? Thanks in advance. [emoji4]

I'm running vtc5s in mine. Not the vtc5a... Yet. These flat tops are a snug fit so I'd assume button tops or solder blob might be a tight squeeze.