• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired !!! All Aviatrix and GlowFob Customers Please Read !!!

DanielG

Enlightened
I just want a couple LED heads or rings, white, blue and already have the Y/G.

I don't much care about multi-output, just the ability to switch LEDs as the mood or the need strikes.

Hmmm, excuse to buy multiple A2's perhaps.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would be a good place to get these LEDs? Thanks.
The Shoppe carries the SMJLEDs for $4.50. Be sure to look at the color comparison pictures first to see which you prefer though. And note some color A2s have different value resistors (red, for example comes with 100 ohms).

The stock Nichias (which are known to tolerate some serious abuse) are only overdriven by about 5mA on primaries, but have been known to fail with RCR123As in the A2. So even if you don't want to change out the LEDs yet, rest assured they are simple to replace if necessary so go ahead and use rechargeables. Plus even if you don't know which end of the soldering iron is the hot one, I'm sure someone around here could do it for you.

What are you going to do with the stock ring anyway? Just mod it already and have one bright color while you wait for delivery of the others ;)

I think a lot of people do want multiple Aviatrix rings just to change colors easily (since spare Surefire heads and rings are not available for sale), and while multiple A2s would be the easiest way to accomplish that, it's also obviously the most expensive! In comparison the Aviatrix rings are a bargain at $37, especially when you consider they're just some ~$20 more than the emitters themselves, assembled on a custom board and shipped. Bawko's not making much money on these, so I can understand why he'd sort out his shop first (though I sure wish he'd have kept us updated).

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't gotten an "ledectomy" from milky myself, nor have I done an LED changeout myself, although I certainly could do it,

But, I know people who have had milky do this for them, and they love the mod, and can use rechargeable 123's safely with it. It IS brighter, though, so keep that in mind.

Anyway, I called Bawko's cell and it went straight to voice mail. I left a mesage that said in no uncertain terms that he should post to this thread. (fingers crossed).

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Whew... just finished reading this thread and WOW am I amazed at some of the things that have been written! Where to start... where to start!

First off, I feel that a MAJOR apology is in order... with regard to the #1 thing I've done wrong through all of this. Communication. I am not going to make a lot of excuses or try and blame anyone/anything for my dismal communication through all of this... it is purely and completely my fault. True, my present internet (or more accurately, the lack thereof...) has made it extremely difficult, but there are things that I could have done to prevent the situation from getting THIS out of hand and to facilitate a better level of communication. My only internet communication up to this point since July has been through Library computers, which have limited my communication to email. I have a friend who has graciously offered to let me use his home high-speed connection temporarily until I get my own net connection up and going again, so expect a bit better communication in the next few weeks until I'm completely up and net-functional again.

Please allow me to chat a bit... in order to explain a few things.

First off, what has been previously posted is completely, 100%, absolutely correct. I have just recently (within the last month or so) finished what was (and still continues to be, in small and ongoing ways) probably the worst experience in my adult life. I moved an office with machine shop, hundreds of thousands of pieces of electronic and computer componentry, and furniture from a well-established location that I had been in business at for over 5 years... to... well, to be honest with you was a COMPLETE bare dive of a metal building with no hookups or amenities. I was forced not only to put my entire business (and CPF projects) on hold, but also to basically ruin my entire personal and home life for several months while I attempted the near impossible. I had to completely build the interior of a bare metal building to install office space, wiring, lighting, machine tool mouning points, and hosts of other "improvements" which were mainly just required for bare-bones utility to get up and going again! I injured myself quite badly during the process, and it was only through the help of an OVERLY generous friend that I was able to even complete the project by the time I did!

My business has taken a MAJOR hit due to this disaster, I've lost almost half of my clients (and associated income) and probably irrevocably destroyed my relationship with many potential CPF members and future Aviatrix customers. My relationship with my previous business partner (James) has been severely strained, possibly to the point of breaking. Believe me... I am hurting, if any of you wish me ill due to the delays you've suffered in receiving your mod(s), please rest assured that I've had so much pain inflicted upon me in the last few months to last an average person a lifetime!

OK... on to the pressing concerns voiced in the previous posts of this thread.

I am not a thief, scam artist, con man, or any variant therof. I spent literally HUNDREDS of hours of time researching, developing, prototyping, and preparing for market the Aviatrix and GlowFob products... and I intend to continue manufacturing, marketing, and supporting those products in the future. Were I a scammer, I would NOT have (a) limited the initial production run to 25 units, (b) manufactured and delivered the first production run and waited for feedback, (c) manufactured the half dozen units since the first production run and delivered them, (d) modified, improved, and updated the circuit board artwork AT MY EXPENSE for 3 revisions, and (e) issued 4 refunds for customers who have decided that the wait was just too long following my move.

I have made a standing offer to refund the full purchase price for anyone who is tired of waiting for their Aviatrix, a promise that I have kept for 4 customers to this point. I cannot currently issue a refund IMMEDIATELY for every request, due to my presently (though temporarily...) tight financial situation - but I have so far been able to issue refunds within 2-3 weeks of the time they have been requested... and I intend to continue with this level of response for any future refund requests. Should any of you have questions, comments, or issues regarding a requested refund, please email me at my email address: bawko AT hotmail DOT com

For those of you who choose to continue waiting for your Aviatrix mod or GlowFob order, be assured that I am back up and in production again, and that you WILL receive your ordered product in due time. How much time? I cannot give absolute dates for every order in this short message - just know that orders ARE being sent out, in the order they were received, and I have given myself a completely inflexible restriction to spend at least 20% of my working time and energy to catching up on past orders as opposed to working on other client business. Keep in mind that I must somehow manage to keep my normal business afloat, and that the recent move has ALMOST driven me to bankruptsy as a result... but I have survived and with a little patience from all of you, the Aviatrix and GlowFob product line will survive as well.

Again, please know that I take full responsibility for the dismal communication up to this point, and that I FULLY intend to make good on all of this. I will attempt to do better in the future on the communications front, and hope that this posting will help alleviate any fears some of you might have as to my credibility and responsibility for my products.

Best wishes always,
Bawko

da.gee

Enlightened
Way to man up Bawko. I will certainly consider your services as my addiction progresses. Hope life balances out for you.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bawko, welcome back, and as one that posted a negative post on your absence, notwithstanding its content, I will gladly support you in your endeavors at CPF and I will be your customer for one or two aviatrix´s.

Glad you made good getting back!!

DanielG

Enlightened
I still want a two level white Aviatrix setup for my A2 :)

I wish you well, I really do.

who

Newly Enlightened
I did not know you, but I will. I have been following this thread for a while. Kaka happens in life, and I hope all is well. Count me in as a future customer, with multiple orders.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
:party: Welcome back.
I still definitely would like to purchase an Aviatrix ring if you catch up on the production again (and if you will consider international shipping).

It's good to have you back.

Haz

Enlightened
:) Welcome back Bawko,

All the best in your business, and also the Aviatrix we are all waiting for, i really look forward to when you offer international shipping.

js16301

Newly Enlightened
Welcome back, I hope things work out for you and look forward to ordering one of your Aviatrix in the future.

Jim

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bawko,

You are MOST welcome back! It's so great to see a post from you!

I'm sure I speak for a great many people (if not absolutely everyone) when I say that most people will be willing to wait, and and will be happy to do business with you in the future.

I'm very sorry to hear about all your trials and tribulations and the hit your business has taken.

And I'd like to pay you for the Aviatrix ring you gave me for free back at the beginning of all this. You can use the funds as you see fit. $47 was the correct price, right? And bawko(at)hotmail.com is the correct PayPal address, right?

And if there is ANYTHING else I can do for you, Bawko, please let me know.

Again, welcome back, and again, I'm sorry for the less than happy recent events in your life.

Last edited:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
:wave: Welcome back AC! Man was I glad to read that post. I have been waiting semi-patiently for the last twelve weeks for my 2-stage red Aviatrix ring and now I am confident that I will get it! Sorry to hear about all the crap you've went through. I wish you the best in your business and if I like my 2-stage as well as I think I will, there will be more orders to come! Glad you're back....:)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I suspect, you will not loose customers from CPF. As for your business partner, etc, who knows. Anything could happen there. It's good to have you back and as you've already learned, simple communications could have avoided the majority of hard-feelings posted here. Well, that's water under the bridge now. Again, welcome back. Now get your a** back to work. :nana:

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Good to see you back and I hope the worst is behind you!

Still standing by for when you start to offer international shipping :twothumbs

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back AC! I am glad to have you back at CPF. :)

Last edited:

Well-Lit

Newly Enlightened
What a great finish to the work day, at least for me anyways. I logged on, this was my first stop.... and there you are! Good to have you back.:twothumbs

Best Regards:
Bob