• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired !!! All Aviatrix and GlowFob Customers Please Read !!!

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
I would think someone that has intentions of making good on his product and name would do much more to stay involved in the very thread that could be his downfall. I understand that people have situations that arise in their life that catches them offguard. But what i fail to understand is why there is such a lack of participation on Atomic Chicken's part to stay involved and reassure his customers that things will be made right.

:shakehead

iNDiGLo

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't play the game if you can't take the loss! Simple.

I would also like to say that I don't think scamming people, and stealing their money should be considered "a game".

Groundhog66

Banned
Anytime you prepay for anything to an individual online, you run the risk. Most of the time things work out, not in this case I am afraid. Even if things look dire on AC's end, the Public Library has an internet connection that can be used to communicate. Lack of communication is what makes everyone start assuming, nothing else they can do. Sorry to all the CPF'ers who are playing the waiting game on this one, hopefully things will work out in your favor one way or another.

Tim

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
<sarcasm>I want 5. Where do I send my $$$?</sarcasm>

- Chris

Last edited:

Ctechlite

Enlightened
You guys are going to get some newbie in trouble because he/she did not read this thread and find out they are not really available and if you send money you will be missing it for a while!

Anyway, I'm in for 3 of these led rings, where do Gimpy and I send money?

I want 5. Where do I send my $$$?

- Chris

Praxis

Enlightened
That's the sad thing. I think we are a pretty forgiving group here. If AC started shipping product and made good on the prepay orders, we would probably end up giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure I'd prepay from him again, but I would probably order another ring if he had them in stock.

I'll say it again (just like others had said), the lack of communications is ruining his rep. How hard is it to find internet access in 2008? I do seasonal work in the middle of nowhere Alaska, and I can still visit a public library and check my e-mail and CPF on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the sad thing. I think we are a pretty forgiving group here. If AC started shipping product and made good on the prepay orders, we would probably end up giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure I'd prepay from him again, but I would probably order another ring if he had them in stock.

I'll say it again (just like others had said), the lack of communications is ruining his rep. How hard is it to find internet access in 2008? I do seasonal work in the middle of nowhere Alaska, and I can still visit a public library and check my e-mail and CPF on a regular basis.

This happened once in November after a 6 month delay with very little communication. Everyone deserves a second chance, but not an infinite supply of them.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
If AC is not selling these anymore somebody else should. At a minimum, somebody should start replacing A2 LEDs for a fee.

If AC started selling them again, I'd still get one from him. Because of what has happened, I would insist on receiving the product before I sent payment.

Last edited:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If AC is not selling these anymore somebody else should. At a minimum, somebody should start replacing A2 LEDs for a fee.

If AC started selling them again, I'd still get one from him. Because of what has happened, I would insist on receiving the product before I sent payment.

milkspit has been doing LED replacements for the A2 since before AC showed up.

Grampa

Newly Enlightened

I've thought the same thing. I know Milky did LED replacements, and was thinking this sounded as if it would be a good Malkoff mod, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've thought the same thing. I know Milky did LED replacements, and was thinking this sounded as if it would be a good Malkoff mod, too.

The A2's appeal has a lot to do with function and balance. You can't really understand til you've tried it yourself.
Some of us can't see well outdoors with leds and the A2's beam of white regulated incandescent light in its compact form factor is way more appealing. It's really a question of using it for something other than hunting white walls and backyard fences...

Last edited by a moderator:

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blasphemy! Dangnabit, where's my pitchfork when I need it?
=P

On a serious note, the A2's appeal has a lot to do with function and balance. You can't really understand til you've tried it yourself.
Some of us can't see well outdoors with leds and the A2's beam of white regulated incandescent light in its compact form factor is way more appealing. It's really a question of using it for something other than hunting white walls and backyard fences...

Now if it only had a clickie tailcap and selector ring for the LED's or Hotwire...:grin2: