Alpha Ready Made with "Icarus" driver Pass-Around **List Full**

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Alpha Ready Made with "Icarus" driver Pass-Around

Thanks Jason.
This was noticed during my tests, and I reset without any trouble.
I am wondering if You could confirm that changing the Ready Access Mode's
default from 100% to another level or mode requires a trip back to the shop to get programmed?
Thanks
GL

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
When inside, at short distances, the beam of the MC-E looks good, but there are some rings around the outside. Once you take it outdoors this LED/reflector combo is very impressive.

archer6817j

Enlightened

Thanks Jason.
This was noticed during my tests, and I reset without any trouble.
I am wondering if You could confirm that changing the Ready Access Mode's
default from 100% to another level or mode requires a trip back to the shop to get programmed?
Thanks
GL

No, you can program DA mode just like any other mode.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Light just arrived safely. I haven't turned it on yet. Soon to battery and power it up. Feels really good in your hands. I like those micro groves. They make it grippy feeling. Surprisingly light feeling, yet solid.
I will have some play time with it tonight I hope.

So, now off to try to add a mode after the lowest mode in Group 1. :poke: Just kidding!

More updates coming soon.

few iPhone pics
D4179EC3-912F-4F29-9C93-1C4BDC904D33_zpsnfbldvmv.jpg

9288463D-D61D-4828-A7A6-166645F88960_zpswuxlrxhe.jpg

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

Light just arrived safely. I haven't turned it on yet. Soon to battery and power it up. Feels really good in your hands. I like those micro groves. They make it grippy feeling. Surprisingly light feeling, yet solid.
I will have some play time with it tonight I hope.

So, now off to try to add a mode after the lowest mode in Group 1. :poke: Just kidding!
More updates coming soon.
few iPhone pics
Your Iphone Pics Look Great :thumbsup:
How are You liking it so far?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update time. First a question, do I really have to send this to the next person? :whistle:

I have used this light everyday/night since it came into my possession. So its been 10 days that I have enjoyed it.
Some of my impressions to this point good and bad: (more good than bad)
  • feels great and grippy in you hand. 65 pitch will do that
  • button has a nice firm click
  • quick double clicks are easy with no practice
  • body is thick, maybe thicker than necessary?
  • you feel this one in your pocket
  • mode switching works flawlessly
  • no accidental bumps on or off cause switch is flush
  • did I say it has a great switch? Cause it does
  • Switch flush = TAILSTAND! Yeah! Great for flushing out Mosquitos to the ceiling for a pillow smash
  • If you have ever owned one of Jasons clips, then you know how awesome it is. Nice firm and solid.
  • One of my favorite clips of all time
  • The threads are buttery smooth. I have never owned a Blue Label, Jason says he uses a "lower" quality thread on the Pre-Made, I can't image Blue Label threads! They must be super precision.
  • Seems to run fairly cool, even if left on High
  • If you look close the reflector or the led is just a hair off. I mean you have to be really looking hard for this. But keep in mind, Jason makes a "flaw disclaimer" of sorts. Being hand assembled I assume. I see no performance issue from this at all. Just me being super nit picky.
  • Next big thing for me, Personally, I don't care too much for the highly polished finish. This is highly opinionated, Some folks will love it. My wife thought it looked "gaudy", her words. Funny thing is she carries a EN Beta on her keyring and totally loves it. Perhaps this is just too much bling?
  • I was not expecting it to come with a care kit. It has a draw bag, charger, battery and some other stuff. I used one of my chargers cause it was easier.
  • It does have the programming bug according to Jason. I just left the programming the way it was. I like the double click to high. That is pretty neat.
  • Output: well its not a barn burner, but it does a darn good job light things up with a pleasantly warm 4500K beam. Outside it is so fine!
  • If you point it at the ceiling, you are gonna remember it has a MC-E emitter. But you have to hunt for the clues.
  • You will notice a few minor minor rings on the outskirts of the beam edge. I think its because the reflector sits deep in the head behind that awesome Prometheus Blue o-ring. Of course this will keep a drop from damaging the lens.

Bottom line: This light is a fine piece of machining. It wreaks of quality, and oozes style, if it is a style you like. The beam tint is perfect for me. I would like to see it have a body that was a tad more thin. If you want a super high quality light for the money, and don't mind some barely noticeable rings in the beam, then this light is perfect. The weight and balance in your hand makes your brain send signals to your face that create a smile. It is a very nice light that I enjoyed using. I wouldn't hesitate owning one if I could pick a different finish/material like Cu, Ti, or even HAIII aluminum.
So that is about it for now. I will charge the battery in the morning and get it ready for the next person who was lucky enough to get on the Passaround list. It was a pleasure playing around with this light. I appreciate the chance to do it.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the Alpha yesterday.

I've had a Blasted & Polished Blue Label for a couple years, so I'll be describing how it stacks up against its sibling. I'm considering a driver upgrade for it, so I'll also be fully exploring the programming options.

I'll post my initial impression in a couple days.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a direct comparison to a Blasted & Polished Blue Label light, the Ready Made holds its ground very well. The external machining is absolutely fabulous. While not as precise as the Blue Label threads, the Ready Made threads are precise and smooth. The threaded areas of the body's exterior gives it more texture than I was expecting. It's quite understated compared to the more "showy" Blasted & Polished treatment.

The Icarus driver definitely allows the MC-E to deliver increased output compared to the standard driver. When programmed to match the output levels of the B&P, the tints of both lights are quite similar. At the highest levels, the Ready Made's tint has a slight rosiness that the B&P lacks, but I still like it a lot. Having direct access to a preset level via the double tap is a cool feature that I've used numerous times. It'd be even more useful if a user has 5 or more levels programmed.

Speaking of the driver, it really is easy to program. The included directions weren't quite detailed enough to allow me to program it without referencing the video, but once I figured it out, it was a piece of cake. I was able to easily modify every available parameter, including a couple factory resets. Modifying the brightness of a mode is kind of a pain in case decreasing the output is desired, but it's managed easily enough.

I will definitely be upgrading my driver.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
i finally got around to messing with the programming on my light. i had been putting it off since the series of clicks and whatnot seemed rather daunting; its easy to pick up once you get the hang of it of course. ended up raising the low level a bit and dropped the medium mode.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
On My Alpha I'm using mode group two, Added Firefly mode before Moonlight for 5 levels. I like the Hybird memory because when switching to first level I don't have to go through all the higher levels. You also can reverse the order of brightness's to go high to low if getting back to a higher output is more helpful to You using the Hybird Memory.
GL

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Alpha Ready Made with "Icarus" driver Pass-Around **List Full**

I've got it, and should be sending it on to sgt253 this afternoon.

sgt253

Enlightened

Post man just delivered the light! I look forward to putting it through its paces. Full report to follow.

sgt253

Enlightened

14j5nde.jpg

"Oh, wow!" those are the words that I stated aloud as I held a Ready Made in my hand for the first time. The light is every bit the quality piece that I expected it to be. The fit, finish, the heft, all benchmarks of a quality build. I separated the contents of the shipping box on my table to get a better understanding of the Prometheus Lights "experience". The charger, an Xtar single cell, the spare o-rings, the tube of Nano Oil, the AW battery, the instruction cards, there was a completeness to the entire package. It was very well thought out. I began to put the light through its paces. This would be the first time I have experienced the MCE led in a Ledil reflector. The beam was the most evenly projected beam I had seen in a long time, if ever. The tint a little "rosy" to my eye. The programming required a day or so of learning on my part. This was because I don't have many muti-level lights, not because the programming is deficient in any way. The "firefly" is truly that. The levels on both "modes" were well spaced. The "high" is certainly just that. I was very pleased. I cannot compare the old driver to the new driver. I can say that the light is a great one. The driver's levels, output, and spacing is befitting of a quality light tool. I could replace more than a few lights in my collection with the addition of a ready made or a blue label. Time to start saving my pennies…

sgt253

Enlightened

The light is on its way to tech25. Thanks Jason and Got Lumens? for the opportunity to take part in the pass around.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

sgt253, Kinda funny you posted the pic of the Whole Package. I was about to do that, but kinda thought people would be pleasantly surprised as You and I were.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

sgt253, Kinda funny you posted the pic of the Whole Package. I was about to do that, but kinda thought people would be pleasantly surprised as You and I were.
Yes a pleasant surprise :D.
And I'll add that is only the apprentice package with included Nano-Oil and spare o-rings.
There are two greater upgraded packages available from Prometheus the Journeyman
and the Master when ordering an Alpha from Jason.