Any good "D" recyclable batteries on the market?

Dale P.

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm looking to buy a Coast HP17 for my Home Inspection business and am looking for a recommendation for some good batteries for it. It uses three "D" sized batteries so I'm looking to buy 6 of them and hopefully a charger that will hold all 6 cells, or at least 4 cells.

I have done some searching on the net and have only found some questionable brands of batteries and chargers. I need something that can be used every day.

I already have a Coast HP 7 and like it, but it doesn't put out enough of a flood pattern and it takes me more time to inspect a space because of it. Also the battery life it too short.

Another option is the Fenix TK35. I love the style of batteries that it uses, just worry that it won't put out a large enough of a beam. Also I like the long handle on the Coast HP17 because I can put a ruler sticker on it so I can quickly measure things such as the depth of insulation in attics, stair railings, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Dale P.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard.

Tenergy Centura D NiMH batteries, or their PREMIUM line.

One of the 8xx series of charger from PowerEx/Maha.

Chris

357mag1

Enlightened
I second the recommendation above, the most cost effective solution and as good quality as the more expensive batteries.

stephenk

Enlightened
Have you looked at the LED Lenser .2 series lights which have quite a wide flood? Otherwise, there a quite a few non-zooming floody lights available (including some popular Zebralight models) though they will not have the even flood field that you get with zoomies.