Any new pocket rockets

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those Tiny DQG too. Added it to my small collection of oddball cheap lights. Puts out a lot of light and has a wide range of settings and is hardly bigger than a single 26650. Oh, and is not black! LOL

The only reason I buy some of these cheap little lights is in case my wife asked me how much I pay for these flashlights. These help lower the average price. 😄

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^

Wimmer,,,How did u like the pictures I texted you?!!!!!!!!!!!:crackup:

I haven't gotten any pics, Roberto. I posted last week that I had lost my cell phone, and that if anyone needed to reach me the new number is 270-922-0444. Sorry I missed them.... I'm guessing they must have been pretty funny. :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those Tiny DQG too. Added it to my small collection of oddball cheap lights. Puts out a lot of light and has a wide range of settings and is hardly bigger than a single 26650. Oh, and is not black! LOL

The only reason I buy some of these cheap little lights is in case my wife asked me how much I pay for these flashlights. These help lower the average price.

Haha that's why we come to MAD when we're not sure about a flashlight. YOU are definitely the smart one of the bunch around here! :laughing:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven and Capolini are also both very smart... just in case I hurt anyone's feelings. It was not my intention to leave out anyone. So yes, OG and NL are also both very smart. Wayne too.

orv

Newly Enlightened
Ven and Capolini are also both very smart... just in case I hurt anyone's feelings. It was not my intention to leave out anyone. So yes, OG and NL are also both very smart. Wayne too.

I also haven't been in the store or the forum much. Now that you all mention it, it's because of the lack of pocket rockets.

Also, I love my SDminiVn. people go nuts when I crank that baby on at night. I love the 30,70, double click for turbo in the driver.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Vinh can you produce an sdmini beater. Xpg2 pdt with the lumens cranked up but keep the package small.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm all about pocket rockets but I wouldn't have thought 26650 would count?

I know most of the lights Vinh sells are huge and a single 26650 seems relatively small compared ;)

I'm keeping fingers crossed for single cell ... multiple 18350s really suck to change in the dark.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Psych if you're referring to my touting of the SD26vn... yeah prob not gonna wanna have it in the front pocket of ur jeans while riding a bike off a cliff. But if ya got a fanny pack hooked to the back of ur seat you're in business. ;-)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Psych if you're referring to my touting of the SD26vn... yeah prob not gonna wanna have it in the front pocket of ur jeans while riding a bike off a cliff. But if ya got a fanny pack hooked to the back of ur seat you're in business. ;-)

Hah-
no fanny pack lights for me!

Don't tell an Australian woman she has a "nice fanny" unless you know her really well... :):)

Or maybe try it for a laugh?

HEAVILY anticipating this thread being updated by vihn with news!!! I've been waiting forever :) When the SDminiVN / MH20GTvn came out, I was unable to purchase due to lack of funds. By the time I could afford them, they are ancient technology or discontinued... I need this niche filled! I'm ready vihn.... 75k+ Lux, 1,000+ Lumens, SDminiVN size... lets gooooo. I got nearly 200$ to spend!! I check your youtube and website every single day for an update HOPING just HOOOOPPPINGGGG for an ultra compact 18650 pocket rocket to blow me out of the water... disappointed for the last 3 months :(

gunmike1

Newly Enlightened
The new Olight H2R has an XHP50 with 2300 lumens. It's a headlamp but also can be used as a handheld flooder. Vinh might be able to make it a monster of a headlamp.

The new Olight H2R has an XHP50 with 2300 lumens. It's a headlamp but also can be used as a handheld flooder. Vinh might be able to make it a monster of a headlamp.
I think I heard it uses a lame proprietary battery... not sure if that ruins its potential or not, but I'm not sure there would be much purpose in modding it due to heat problems... even if he could pump 4,000 out of it, it would last mere seconds if that before you char-grill your hand or oven mitt. Most people who buy headlamps are doing so for the versatility during actual work uses... incredibly rare would it be to need 2k+ lumens for a close up work task.

... But I could be very wrong. Anyways WHERE THE POCKET ROCKET THROWERS ATTTTT????? We need some 1-2k lumen 18650 throwers around or smaller than the size of the Nitecore MH20GT blasting out 100k LUX!!! I need to shock my friends with insane sky lightsaberness in ultra compact package so they can be baffled as to how its even remotely possible!!!