Any Scotch Whisky drinkers out there?

The last shirt has no pockets...

:party:

Or to say it with Pete Best "I spent most of my money for women and cars, the rest has been splashed"

Translated free from the German meaning, sorry for my lousy English.

Cheers

RBR

Your English is far superior to my German. Also, I'd love to see a picture of your stange. :poke:

~ Chance

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
RBR I believe you can upload to imgur.com without an account. That's what I used to do.

I've only ever had a Glenlivet 12, shared with a friend as our first scotch. Good stuff, scotch (not that mine was very fancy compared to some here!).

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've only ever had a Glenlivet 12, shared with a friend as our first scotch. Good stuff, scotch (not that mine was very fancy compared to some here!).
Some like the Glenlivet 12, one of my friends' favorites, so I gave mine to him.

Thank you very much for the hint, I will check that.
You may want to steer clear of that one, or at least taste it before buying. Like I said above, the moment I found out one of my friends liked it, I gave it to him, and almost full bottle.

Some members left the community, some arrived new on the shelf so here's an updated list:

AnCnoc 22yo
AnCnoc 18yo
BenRiach Solstice 17yo
Bowmore White Sands 17yo
Bowmore Darkest 15yo
Edradour Fairy Flag 15yo
Edradour Ballechin Batch6 10yo
GlenDronach Parliament 21yo
GlenDronach Allardice 18yo
Glenfarclas 1996 19yo
The Glenlivet 18yo
Highland Park 18yo
Lagavulin 16yo
Lagavulin Destillers Edition 16yo
Oban Destillers Edition 15yo
Springbank 10yo
Talisker 18yo
Talisker Destillers Edition 11yo
Nice list, and growing!

I'd love to try some of these but am glad to see the Lagavulins, HP 18 and Talisker 18 on there. For the best of Lagavulin, find a bottle of the 12. More pricey, but even better than the 16.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found an odd brand last year that I really liked, was called Monkey Shoulder, and very reasonably priced.
However, seems the liquor stores around here don't bring it in very often :(

For a while I enjoyed the "peaty" flavours, but now I find my preference is for those aged in Sherry Casks.

dhunley1

Enlightened
A couple of my favorites.

I also really like Johnnie Walker Platinum, but I tend to drink Black label most often. Dewars 12 year is another one I enjoy.

RBR

Enlightened
The green label JW is a very nice dram, as well as the black label.

:thumbsup:

dhunley1

Enlightened
For the price, I think the Johnnie Black is my favorite. I've only really been drinking Scotch for about a year, so there's still a lot of stuff I haven't tried yet.

scout24

Flashaholic
RBR- It seems in your pics, that images are hotlinked directly from another source. CPF rule #3 prohibits that, please remove or re-host the images... Thanks!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
The green label JW is a very nice dram, as well as the black label.

:thumbsup:

I was going over to a friends for dinner, darts & Scotch, had a JW Double Black in my hand, but a MacCallan Amber caught my eye ( Sherry Cask), so switched bottles. Glad I did, really like the Amber that night. Not so much the next morning though.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I was going over to a friends for dinner, darts & Scotch, had a JW Double Black in my hand, but a MacCallan Amber caught my eye ( Sherry Cask), so switched bottles. Glad I did, really like the Amber that night. Not so much the next morning though.
The Double Black is definitely worth the slight uptick in cost over the standard Black.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
BRB, thanks for this info, there was a bottle or Ruby sitting there, if I recall about 3x the price of Amber, but I may just grab one.
But I do like trying new ones too.