Anybody know Mac's status?

scout24

Flashaholic
If you are looking for a Triple, and are not bent on Ti but can live with an otherwise stock SF E series, give Tana's work a look-see. Highly recommended... :thumbsup:

Pokemonrules

Newly Enlightened
So people are still waiting patiently their light after some 12 months of waiting??? And with very sporadic of non existant updates.

My free advice is: He is not going to send you the light you ordered. Only way to maybe put some movement on him is to file a police report.

Anyone remember CPF modder name AWR? he was a big time modder at onetime. people send him lots of money for he's wonder light "AWR Nano" in around year 2005 (if I recall right). Reading here, seems awful like the same.
Here you can see people who are still waiting for their AWR lights (for almost 10 years now):
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?163465-I-Paid-AWR-but-he-hasn-t-delivered

Maybe Mac had some challenge/down fall in he's life, which is very unfortunate. Still it does not mean that he does not owe you your money.

Disclaimer: I have no money riding on this, neither I do not know Mac in person. Above is just my best guess of the situation.

Mgizler

Enlightened
This is crazy. I have always considered ordering one from him. Glad that I did not. I remember waiting quite a while for an HDS but it was with constant communication from Henry. He would also reply to any and all emails reassuring you that your light was coming , an it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Before only the front page was down. If you go to any other page on this site via a internet search, it worked. The entire site seems to be gone now.

gonefishing

Enlightened
I have filed a complaint with pp and let them know that there are others who have not received their orders but have paid. She said she will request an investigation into the account. I say those who have outstanding orders do the same. I'm way beyond the 45 days, but at least it's a start. I'm also looking into filing a complaint with MA cybercrime unit. At this point, it's theft.

cbapex

Newly Enlightened
I ordered on Sep 24 2013. He will not return my email.I ordered 2 lights with clips for my boys.I want him to do the right thing,and have a little class.what a shame.

d13avo

Enlightened
Hi All

Really sorry to hear what's happened. I contacted Mac probably a couple of years ago enquiring on purchasing one of his lights but could not decide on which one I wanted so thought I'd wait. The reason I came back to this site was I'd decided to purchase one of Macs lights but then found out he'd gone out of business so then thought I would search for the answer. I have read lots of posts but does anybody know what happened to him? Seems strange for someone who had been on here for such a long time with such a good following to suddenly vanish especially take peoples money but not fulfilling their orders. I would of liked one of his lights and wished now I just bought one instead of waiting.

IsaacL

Enlightened
He didn't vanish...he just slowly posted less and less. Now he's moved on to running a brick and mortar Vape shop and making vape mods.

skfurr1

Newly Enlightened
For what its worth, I had a couple of Mac's lights that needed some minor repairs (my fault) and I just got around to sending them back to him in August of 2014. It took about 6 weeks for them to come back, good as new. I didn't hear anything from Mac in response to my emails. I was basically at the point where I figured "What the heck. If he never sends them back, then I'm not any worse off since they don't work anyway." I was pleasantly surprised that they were returned to me, fixed, and am a very happy camper.

Just to say that I think he's the kind of guy who is going to get around to making everyone happy. Hope this helps.

Stephen

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Tri EDC off e-bay. The seller bought it online on the Mac's web site and the receipt is dated June, 2014. So looks like as late as this June these lights were availabe for ordering.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ma Tumba- Yes, I had also seen that same light on eBay as well. I tried to get some additional info from the seller, but the seller would not respond back.
Curious if the seller is on CPF. Congrats on your buy!

I just bought a Tri EDC off e-bay. The seller bought it online on the Mac's web site and the receipt is dated June, 2014. So looks like as late as this June these lights were availabe for ordering.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Rush.

No, I dont think that the seller is a member. I am still communicating with him regarding the shipment and from his messages it is quite clear that he is unaware of all the mess with these lights. He did not know even that they were discontinued.

But my point was that as late as this June it was possible to order a Tri EDC and get it right away. Quite unusial case, isnt it?

IsaacL

Enlightened
Ditto. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Good to hear about more deliveries though