Anyone care to give me one on one attention?

RdlyLite

Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone here is interested in corresponding with me via CPF message system? I have so many question and things that need to be clarified but I don't want to clutter this great place with my ignorance. Or can you perhaps recommend a good read, video, etc that can help me to further understand my new found love of light. Thanks guys.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Well feel free to contact me via aim. My screen name is scubasteve1942. I know im somwhat of a a noob to, but I think I could help with some questions.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would just unshamely post your questions there's plenty people willing to help you and others can learn as well.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can PM me anytime, and if I think it should be posted I will let you know. Feel free to post your questions on this forum, since this is the best way for all of us to learn new things or refresh our memory on old things.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do this... Write down 5 of your top questions. Then do a few searches based on those questions. Don't kill yourself. (This is NOT a "hey, tool, use the search function"). I find that one search result leads to another and before long you're enjoying yourself just surfing around. If you don't get what you're looking for... Post your questions here loud and proud.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
RdlyLite,

It makes more sense for you to ask your questions here. That way, when somebody answers them, multiple people can benefit from the Q&A.

You don't have to be embarrassed about your questions. We were all ignorant about everything at some point in our lives. And most of us remain ignorant about most things, when you think about it ;)

Topper

Flashaholic*
Better to post I guess than getting a "private tutor" so to speak (depending on your "tutor") . If you try to search and fail to get the answers then post. By posting you not only give other folks a chance to maybe learn something you give a couple of thousand folks a chance to "enhance" or "adjust" the incorrect statements that happen to the best at times.
I hope that helps.
Topper :)

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Honestly, I am not surprised by the tone or content of your collective response. But I must admit I come from a forum that is littered with (e-bullies, spelling nazi's, and just general "panties in bunch" people). Trying to get a straight answer sometimes was like pulling teeth. The good thing is I found CPF and now I don't feel so bad. All that being said, there is and was good people on there that could have a decent laugh without making adoubles's out of themselves.

So thank you guys very much! I just want to see more light! As much as my budget can afford! LOL. Besides, dropping money on light enables me to flip the switch at night! My aim is to be fully functional at night! :grin2:

greenLED

Flashaholic
RdlyLite, welcome to CPF and fire away!

Post count means nothing in terms of knowledge (I'm still a noob 'round here); don't be afraid to ask anything around here.

Arkayne

Enlightened
kooter said:
This is such a friendly forum. :rock: Not many around like it. :grin2:

I HATE YOU KOOTER!!!

j/k :) Welcome to the forum RdlyLite! Just ask away! This is one of the more friendly forums I'm on and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Im sure there were a small percentage of forumites here that got into flashaholism with a Phd know how, but most of us were in your shoes at some point. Asking questions and reading posts of other asked questions is how you learn. This is indeed the best forum for our hobby, however expensive it may be :drool: There are people here with 8000 posts that still ask questions. It's all about opinions, ideas, facts, variety, excitement, and empty wallets. :thinking: Come on in and get your feet wet.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Feel free to PM me, or as stated numerous times, just post your questions.

We'll be gentle.

:grin2:

kooter

Enlightened
pietruck said:
It was a joke playing on the family forum statement

Cheers Pietruck, i thought it must be something like that. You will have to excuse me im a tad slow. :laughing: