Anyone collect Pentagon lights?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of their weapon lights with remote switch and integrated quick release rail mount. Swapped with an LED drop in and i"m super happy.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ That one was a great one.

Today the 'cop light' version of the 6 volt arrived.

This one doesn't feel like it was sanded.
I suppose the coating had quick holster deployment in mind.

Diggin' the whole end user servicable thing.
Easily upgradable. The module is the 'eB-X2' not B-X2 but they look pretty dawg gone close to each other.

The resealable clam package has swag.

From the lighknot sale the eX2 and an early LED minimag.

Noting it looks an awful lot like a Pelican M6...

Viola!!
The readily available Pelican module worked.
Installing the Pelican deal made it noticeably brighter. Pelican used to report 100+ lumens from their module and I believe 'em
Another cool tool was the Malkoff tailcap fits and turns it into a tailstanding clicky.
I reallly like the eX2 and hope to acquire a second one. If so it'll put in a Pelican module and a Malkoff tailcap... then the Pelican 2320 will have a playmate too. 'Cause this one is staying NIP.

An L2 is next. I found a second hand one at eBay for just over $30 shipped.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Field repair kit from a hardware store.

Spare lens, cleaning supplies, o-rings, batteries, velcro, and thread lube.

All fits neatly in this little sturdy tin.
The canister has a foam liner to thwart rattles and keep things nice n snug inside.

A mom n pop hardware store was having a going outta business clearance sale so I scored a few.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
One more...
Repeats and spare parts are enroute for the incan ones including a slew of 9v modules for the X3. I hope to find some K2 modules at some point but aint holding my breath on that one.

The one I didn't think I'd ever find, much less real cheap was the L2.

Then one day a few days ago a "this just in" thing popped up while I was casually seeking out K2 modules.

Of course by todays standards it is seen as lacking. But frankly I was pretty impressed with the brighness, the quality of the beam and the pretty dawg gone modern looking tint.

Honey colored urethane looks like honey colored wood

Played real nice with the camera sensor

Looks like plenty of throw available

This...

Is where the rubber meets the road though.
Not bad at all for such an ancient LED. Using a light like this for photography would lead to some picture tweaking on the ole computer (or in the darkroom), but digital photos shot in RAW could be easily corrected.
I'm pretty impressed with this one overall.

And as always the near silent clicky has a positive feel at on and off.

If I had any qualms it would be that batteries go in reverse with no diagram stating such.

The light arrived like this.
I thought it odd and imediately switched the new cells I put in to the norm. Click click... nothing. Hmmm maybe op had 'em in correct... yup. I figure it must be reverse polar protected, 'cause I sure threw 6+ volts at the LED in the wrong direction... several times.

I think that's going to be about it for the Pentagon collection. Maybe not.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Quite likely the final lineup.
Not shown are spares of the entire lineup shown, some lanyards and a black MOLLE.

I really like that L2 and added it to my EDC rotation along with the eX2.
I like knowing the eX2 can be updated with an M61 or a Pelican M6 module and that an MD2 tailcap can turn it into a McClicky as well.

In 016 I looked around for Pentagon products, largely to no avail yet here in early 017 they seem to be like summer mushrooms in a cow pasture.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Managed to score an LED upgrade for the X3 and an nip L2 (100 lumen version).

There are a few differences between the 65 and 100 lumen version.
To start with the newer version has a slightly longer body and shaped slightly different. At a glance it is not real obvious.

The bezel on the 100 lumen I got seems to be glued on, or extremely tightly fastened. It would not budge when trying to disassemble it.

The package

Side by side.
Note the slightly longer body

Tail cap model number listed on the newer model

Model number on the older version, not on the newer

Note the bigger LED

All metal in the newer version tailcap

The cells go in backwards in the older version.
Both are reverse polarity protected thank goodness.
The newer version is regulated.

More spot and more spill.
Later I'll know if throw is notably further.

The button is much stiffer on the newer one. The color is more of a gray look on the newer one where the older one has a slight green to the gray. Other than that they appear to be made of the same gizmos and gadgets inside and are certainly built tough.

Last edited:

irongate

Enlightened
Quite likely the final lineup.
Not shown are spares of the entire lineup shown, some lanyards and a black MOLLE.

I really like that L2 and added it to my EDC rotation along with the eX2.
I like knowing the eX2 can be updated with an M61 or a Pelican M6 module and that an MD2 tailcap can turn it into a McClicky as well.

In 016 I looked around for Pentagon products, largely to no avail yet here in early 017 they seem to be like summer mushrooms in a cow pasture.

How do you like that right angle small light? Had looked at that and just put it back for a while. So many out there like that now, hard to choose which one is the best for the money.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's 40 lumens.

The old MX91 with a Mag WhiteStar is brighter and makes a much better area lighter. But for a bic lighter sized map reader or to light up under your dashboard it does pretty good.

It's like a right angle Microstream if you are familiar with those. The tan one comes with a red filter and a green one. The black version comes with red and blue filters.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Pentagon warrior flashlight collection grew a little more today.NIP eX2's #4 & 5 arrived, another NIP 65 lumen L2 and a really, really rare coffee cup.
Leather holsters are all that's left on my 'gotta have it' list.

Edit:
Leather X3 sized holster added

Only thing left on the "want someday list" is a black clicky for an eX2. Thought I'd found one nip but the seller flaked
Since I know the Malkoff MD clicky works I'm in no hurry..
End edit.

Last edited:

Blackbird13

Enlightened
Is the pentagon brand still in business ,? If so we're can I buy some those are awesome looking lights. The catalog was very fun to look through . They seem to be a real fine quality. Also does anyone have the induction charger it looks real neat,

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
I have a few of the pentagon MOLLE lights very useful light. Do they still make those?

djpaladin

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm new to the site, ran across this thread doing a search. I have a couple Pentegonlight MS2-A01 lights I would love to upgrade a bit. Can anyone point me into the right direction on how I can convert these over to LED? Thanks.

markglad

Newly Enlightened
Old Thread but maybe the people here can answer a question. I have two MX-2 Weapon Lights. Would like to upgrade to LED. Someone on Ar15.com said the P60s conversions was a direct replacement. anone done this?

Thanks
Mark

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Always liked the design of the Pentagon lights.
There's a couple threads on here if you search "Pentagon LED". Don't know if the models you have match any of the ones in the threads. Don't know if the size allows a P60 drop-in. I know the 9V models with the bigger reflectors seem to be a custom DIY solution rather than a drop-in.

Search around on here by your particular model# and see if you get any hits.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have a Malkoff module in my eX2 which is a black version of the LX2. The MX2 appears to have the same size front end and a Malkoff module is built tough.

If you can source an LED module from a Pelican 2390 that is a direct replacement for their incan module in the 2320. That is the same module as Pentagon used for all practical purposes.

I think Sportac modules fit well too, or so I was told.

Lumens Factory has modules for Pelican 2300 series lights too. So they probably would work as well.