Anyone collect Pentagon lights?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an X2 and X3. Both are converted to LED. The X3 has a Dereelight 3 mode D26 pill installed into a chunk of aluminum. I don't recall where I got the reflector from. Electrical connections are through springs. The X2 has a Dereelight D26 LED module and I had made a sleeve that provides the negative contact as well as a thermal path.

Something that I found on the X3 and X2 incandescent reflector modules: the front half of the module unscrews from the back. The back end has the lamp and contacts. After removing it a spacer was made and Surefire E2 lamp assemblies slide right in and give a focused beam. A bit of reaming and a Lumens Factory E2 LED lamp assembly slides right in and produces a nice beam. Something will need to be machined to allow electrical contact and give it a thermal path. I just bought a NIB X3 a few minutes ago and will do this mod to it. If I remember to take photos then I will post the build in the Modified lights section.

(Edited to correct what I have done to the lights)

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
It would appear that no one ever hunted down the elusive Pentagonlight rechargeable series that had induction charging. I found it fascinating and it would be neat to find. I also have noticed that there arent many single cell lights out there. I rarely find the X1s still. There are some Pentagonlights that pop up on the bay but over 250 bucks is a bit much for me wanting to spend.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Single cell flashlights weren't very popular back then because they were small and weren't bright. So the 2 and 3 cell light(s) were produced in larger quantities. Be it SureFire, Pentagon, Pelican or other military purposed flashlight makers.