Anyone else alone for the holidays want to hang here?

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Raggie, you have yourself a merry Christmas.

Even if you're alone I'd recommend getting a bit of Christmas into yourself.
Get a little tree going if you haven't already, maybe a few decorations. Have some nice food.
What's Santa getting you?😀

Watch some Christmas movies. I'd recommend Love Actually (don't judge me, I was a skeptic at first but it's a great Christmas movie) and Home Alone (1 and 2 only) to name a couple. There's so many easy going Christmas movies, I love them.

Do you go to church? I don't particularly but it can be a good thing socially and generally.

Get out and do some recreation.

And if nothing else eventuates I'm sure there'll be plenty of people around here (online at the very least) who'll happily talk lights and life.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
One year when I was alone I was debating on whether to buy a Christmas tree. I would be the only one seeing it so it would be hard to justify it, but on the other hand I wanted those Christmassy memories that the sight and smell of a live tree brings. I flipped-flopped on this decision for weeks.

Finally at the last minute I caved and went out to find a tree. On Christmas Eve. I found one small tree lot with one lonely guy who looked like he was getting ready to shut it down for the season. I picked out the best of the trees that he had left and he gave me a great price on it. So I brought it back home and set it up on Christmas Eve.

It was worth it. 🎄

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ty everyone I always just watched **** Clark's rocking eve and I'd set my watch as the ball falls. Then like to see all the humans on TV getting along

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a mug shot of Legs Diamond, a notorious mobster from Brooklyn, NY
No relationship haha, I was reading about gangsters of the 1920-30's
Thought I'd give Mr Majetyk (Bronson) a break (-;

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
One year when I was alone I was debating on whether to buy a Christmas tree. I would be the only one seeing it so it would be hard to justify it, but on the other hand I wanted those Christmassy memories that the sight and smell of a live tree brings. I flipped-flopped on this decision for weeks.

Finally at the last minute I caved and went out to find a tree. On Christmas Eve. I found one small tree lot with one lonely guy who looked like he was getting ready to shut it down for the season. I picked out the best of the trees that he had left and he gave me a great price on it. So I brought it back home and set it up on Christmas Eve.

It was worth it. 🎄

Yes I am fond of having a Christmas tree too... back when I used to live rural, you could just drive down roads near pine plantations and where errant trees had grown, help yourself to a nice tree from the public road shoulder 👍

That's a mug shot of Legs Diamond, a notorious mobster from Brooklyn, NY
No relationship haha, I was reading about gangsters of the 1920-30's
Thought I'd give Mr Majetyk (Bronson) a break (-;
The guys back in those days sure did know how to wear a hat. :geek:

Interestingly, at least to me, you've changed to an actual hard man, while @bykfixer has chosen a new, kinder, gentler avatar. 😁

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to be alone, but I went down for a few days and hung out with some uncles down at the farm. I got to see my old truck sitting in the field. Engine blew, piston went through the oil pan.. long story.. and go in my grandmother's old house which I hadn't been in, in many years. Got to test out a couple HID's. Ate a lot of ham and mashed potatoes. Went to church service, I'm glad I didn't burst into flames walking through the front door. Glad I went down there instead of stared at the four walls here all day like usual. Scavenged some rock piles too. It was cold and windy as crap though most of the time.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
My family is so far away hours and hours . And a course it's cold here this time a year so it's a rough trip on my motorcycle. . But I am grateful fo all of you knew some of you for decades . And I am blessed for this

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey you maniacs, I'm proud to be here with you. It's been a crazy year and we're still here.

Some days everything sucks, but it opens our eyes to the days when the business of life feels like "I don't -HAVE- to do this, I -GET- to do this."

Every day is a gift. Sometimes it's an ill fitting itchy sweater from a confused older relative, but it's still a gift!

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just learned something life changing last night.

I heard a snippet of a song that I SWORE was U2. I listened to hours of U2 on youtube and could NOT locate it. "Beautiful Day" was close, but it wasn't the same. I've heard bits of it here and there, and went to find the actual title and couldn't. I knew the melody and that it started with a piano. It was way past my bedtime (I'm sure being hopped up on Caramel Cold Brew M&M's didn't help) and I was determined to find it.

I've got to hand it to that reddit place. There's a lot of weirdness, but the "Tip of My Tongue" subreddit for those nagging questions is a goldmine. I posted it with a simple vocaroo of me trying to recreate it and somebody chimed in just a couple minutes later. I was hearing "Clocks" by Coldplay. That song is 20 years old and I always thought it was U2.