Anyone else alone for the holidays want to hang here?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was driving home from work one cloudy dreary day in a town several hundred miles from everybody I knew, listening to a college radio station and drinking orange Crush from a glass bottle when the dj says "this one's gonna be huge some day" and played Clocks. Holy cow!!!! I still get goose bumps thinking about that.

That whole album "Rush of Blood to the Head" was fabulous. Not long after that Coldplay came out with a live album that was also wonderful.

Here ya go Sween. Happy New Year

Bonus story:
I was working on a bridge project one night feeling all busted up from a dame breaking my heart, and while gazing at city lights twinkling off the river another college radio station debuted "beautiful day". Man tears welled up on that one.

I knew all would be well after hearing that song.
When he sang "what you don't have you don't need it now" really meant a lot that night.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ok now I must. Listen to a Coldplay song I'll admit never did before. I'm more into speed metal or doom metal or metal lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sorry friends so far it's a bit to calm for me but I have issues lol. Vocals are decent however

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was driving home from work one cloudy dreary day in a town several hundred miles from everybody I knew, listening to a college radio station and drinking orange Crush from a glass bottle

Oh, so I'm not the only orange soda fan.. :) I haven't bought orange Crush in awhile, but I have some orange Sunkist in the fridge right now.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hadn't had soda from a glass bottle since I was a kid @ampdude.

I changed my avatar because @knucklegary changed his. I thought about a Johnny Cash mugshot but chose the bike instead. It's a custom made reproduction of a 1940's bike truck like they used to use in factories.
Once in awhile I buy those cream sodas in the bottle. Sometimes orange soda. Can't remember what brand, comes in a 4 pack.

I haven't seen Sioux City Sarsaparilla in a long time.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Sprecher is about an hour south of me*
The last two four-packs of soda I bought were their Cherry Cola when it was on sale at Menards, it's very good!:clap:

*Milwaukee was called Brew City years ago,,, many breweries

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Sprecher is about an hour south of me*
The last two four-packs of soda I bought were their Cherry Cola when it was on sale at Menards, it's very good!:clap:

*Milwaukee was called Brew City years ago,,, many breweries
There's a Menards a few blocks from here. I forgot, I might have to check out what they have in that.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
This is the stuff they use to make it lol I'm to cheap for the soda stream stuff lol

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Some online place I think it's called webresunuat . Way cheaper and less heavy to carry since the water is left out lol. Even cheaper if you use welding store co2 gas if I recalll its all food grade but I may be wrong

raggie33

*the raggedier*
U can also go to most store and get the powder flavor stuff it's sugar free but cheap . But my advice if you go this route premix the powder with cold water before ya add it to the carbed water