Anyone sell a P60 laser drop in module?

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I'm left with no choice but to bump this thread due to the extremely high level of want for this product. :huh:

markr6

Flashaholic
I've purchased some of the cheap $13 18650 lasers off ebay. Pretty nice! But a dropin would sure be cool. Green laser in my MD2? Hell yeah!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont buy that extreme high level of want thing
(if that means in numbers, not in high want of a single member ...)
;)
if it were so, there were offers ...

lets look at the cons of the idea:
1st and foremost: DANGER ... how often my lights still happen to be taken by someone blinding themselves, just to "test that light" :rolleyes:
good that are not lasers ...
2nd size: no need for a laser to be that big (a P60 host is simply too big for that. Laser has to be thin and sleek)

if someone wants such a thing and there is no offers, why not mod for oneself?
getting a laser module for the battery choice of the host is not that difficult,
nor is to drill a hole though a hump of aluminium and file the outside round to fit into
:thinking:
A nice project

PS: pro(s) of the idea --> really much metal to get away the heat from the module ...

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think for CPF member the want level is very high because almost everyone has some P60/D26 compatible host and lasers are just cool (and dangerous).

Artorias

Newly Enlightened
Super interested in this as well, considering the "drill a hole though a hump of aluminium and file" route but not quite that desperate yet.

Edit: Someone mentioned this:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...en-light-laser Is this Fasttech place any good? they wont accept PayPal and I'm weary about giving them my cc info :S

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Artorias, I have not tried that but I might give it a shot. I would sure seem by looking at that laser that it would be removable pill that could conceivable fit into one of my Surefires or a Solarforce host. I figure if something wen haywire and my card was comprimised it would be my banks responsibility to pick up the tab on that. I just might take a shot at it. If anyone reads this and has any experience, i too would like to know how how this thing has worked out for them.
Super interested in this as well, considering the "drill a hole though a hump of aluminium and file" route but not quite that desperate yet.

Edit: Someone mentioned this:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...en-light-laser Is this Fasttech place any good? they wont accept PayPal and I'm weary about giving them my cc info :S

Illum

Flashaholic
If the window isn't AR coated... output might be scattered all over the place. Whats the word on laser burning a hole through lexan?

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
If it was me, I'd drop it into a different host and take the glass out but screw the bezel back on. Straight shot through the air at that point [emoji1489]

light-modder

Enlightened
Yeah I'd imagine you'd want to remove the lens.
Fast tech is great I've had no problems.
The small cheap laser modules I have found to install in a hunk of aluminum to keep things cheap are all 3V or 5V. This obviously presents a problem. Of course with an appropriate spacer one could be used in a standard two cell host.

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
this has soooo much potential. I would be down for one myself. One could even make run off one battery with the Laser drop in having an extension going into the battery tube.

Boltgun

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow no one ever came across that tactical 1+ Watt Blue laser in the solar force host many years ago? I'd never find it now (talking 5 plus years) but around the same time Wicked laser made the artic someone set up a business selling Solar force flashlights with a 1+ confirmed rated blue diode to mount on guns. It was everything your looking for a P60 head in a P60 host running on 1x 18650 cell. It didn't look very fancy IE just a drop in on a standard host. I'm sure those "lights" are out there somewhere and the guy must still be around even if his business is bust.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Wow no one ever came across that tactical 1+ Watt Blue laser in the solar force host many years ago? I'd never find it now (talking 5 plus years) but around the same time Wicked laser made the artic someone set up a business selling Solar force flashlights with a 1+ confirmed rated blue diode to mount on guns. It was everything your looking for a P60 head in a P60 host running on 1x 18650 cell. It didn't look very fancy IE just a drop in on a standard host. I'm sure those "lights" are out there somewhere and the guy must still be around even if his business is bust.

Thank you for the tip, I will keep an eye out for that...it sounds exactly like what I'm after!