Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well thank you for the warning. Now its time to replenish the PP funds in order to secure one of the new machines. I have yet to obtain a Spy. The Tri-V sure is a stunning piece of functional art. I concur with the previous posts about a clip. That looks as though it would be a real handy addition.

Kinda sounds like you are working on a new 007 zoomie! :)

Thank you for the update.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks PSM for the video and wright up. Very nice.

Ray, we will make it so. I want you to see the new building.

In this thread, in a few weeks, I will be showing the three new knobs and more of one of the new lights coming later this year. One of the new knobs is as intricate as the new battery cap and it too has been in development/testing for a year an a half. It is almost ready for prime time.

Cheers
Dave

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have been playing with & testing the new tail cap.
It is sweet. I am not a fan on lanyards and all my SPYs have lanyards for the opening bead, so this is a perfect change to an already great light(s).
I've had no issues with mine, and have been playing with it all the time to give it a thorough test.
As Dave noted above, it doesn't fit on all my SPY's, so it makes sense to only include them on new lights, so that Dave can custom fit each one.
Yes I will be lining up to get one of the new lights too.

The new knob sounds very interesting. I have no idea what it does, but I can probably guess at one feature it may have...

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a small collection of hand engraved 007 XM-L2 lights. Some very reasonably priced and some not!. I have been creating relationships with a few of the high end custom knife makers. And I have been going to custom knife shows like the NY Custom Knife show and Blade show in Atlanta to forge these relationships. These knife makers that I've been dealing with are very well-established and have excellent reputations. Their work commands top dollar and I wanted to see if there was interest in that kind of thing here on CPF.

I only have a handful of lights but with the relationships that I have forged more can be made if these lights sell. Would anybody be interested in seeing some of these special lights?

Cheers
Dave

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

It's great to see some of the things we talked about being presented here with pictures. I had been meaning to post a few of the upcoming items but I got busy with other things and time just slipped away from me (it seems to happen a lot lately with a 2 and 5 year old).

The Rotary tailcap looks really nice. If PSM is up for it I'd love a video of the base in action.

The upcoming knob sounds really cool. Just think "crown screw".

From what I know the Tri-V3 will be an incremental upgrade to the Tri-V and Tri-V2 series of lights.

I've seen pictures of the engraved lights that Dave is talking about and they are really amazing. There is one that is on my "I want" list but I just haven't figured out how I can afford it yet.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW Dave - I think you should post up the pictures of the engraved lights. They are really worth sharing and would be amazing collectors items especially the "cracked" one. :)

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just re-read Dave's post above

"three new knobs".

I missed that reading it the first time. Interesting to say the least. Maybe some cosmetic changes to some.

A very cool feature ( and I have no idea of what Dave has created), would be a "push to change programming" feature. ie instead of removing the tail cap to initiate.

Or push to toggle between the 4 slots. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL and very useful.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to thank Dave for selling me one of these special lights called "Cracked" by knife maker Peter Rassenti. I can't wait to see and hold this light in person.

Peter%2520Rassenti%2520Cracked%2520Spy007.jpg

No, it doesn't come with the knife. But if good fortune smiles down upon me I may be able to acquire that too for an absolutely stellar matched set.