Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened
I've been using one of the new tailcaps for a few months now, and I'd like to chime in here by saying that I haven't found any down side to it. I've never been a fan of needing to use tools to open a piece of gear to change batteries, and in the case of these pieces of functional titanium art I was always worried about scratching the finish. Also I don't use a lanyard, I use a belt pouch, so the bead wasn't really an option.

When I got the new tailcap, my first and only fear was that contact through a thin sheath (or pocket bumping) would cause it to fall off. This has never happened, even though I have tried to make it happen through testing in exaggerated versions of real world scenarios (basically frequent fidgeting and fiddling).

I like the idea of a semi-waterproof tailcap, but for EDC in normal circumstances, this quick-release is excellent, and I've been wanting a second one for another light.

Thanks again, Dave.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
This Spy is amazing:

Peter_Rassenti_Spy007_XPL_01.jpg

Peter_Rassenti_Spy007_XPL_02.jpg

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Release button looks like its tool free as well? Looks cool, thanks for sharing.

LOL - not exactly tool free. There is no clip spot to put a lanyard or ring with a bead so I had to do something.

What you are seeing is my ghetto approach to make the light tool free. It's one of the beads that Dave sends with the light attached to the release button. It works but I am sure it will fall off after a while. It's better than carrying a pointy object around with me all the time.

Sean

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hey Data,

You've really whetted my appetite in stating that you'd show us one of the new lights as well as the three knobs in a few weeks. Well these "few weeks" have elapsed now, so please could you reveal them soon? :candle: :wave:

Zandar

Enlightened
It's understandable how excited we all our getting, this light represents the pinnacle of Cool Fall's development. In just a short time, were all going to be able to own a real treasure of a light. A light packed with a plethora of special features and a huge options list, that will allow all of us to customize the light to our own taste. I'm especially excited about that new 3d stone wash finish and the revolutionary multifunction "intricate" knob that Data has been teasing us about for the last 2 months.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clap function is going to be out of this world. From what I hear as long as the SPY hears a clap, you can clap on clap off and even switch levels. This is going to be awesome. My 80 year old uncle has been testing clap on clap off for years :)

Zandar

Enlightened
:devil::devil::devil:The "clapper function", seriously chipwillis! Stop tying up this thread with deliberating misleading info, you know very well that the 009 is far to advanced a light to rely on a "clapper" emulation software as an alternative means of control. Why don't you come clean and admit what we already know? The SPY 009 utilizes a proprietary voice activation circuit, that you have lots of first hand experience with, as even now, your holding in your hot little hands version 1.002 of the SPY 009 prototype. Why don't you tell us about the SPY'S new revolutionary compound curve shape or that new 3d stonewash gunner grip treatment?

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I almost lost mine, but thanks to the tracking phone app, I was able to find it in minutes......

Zandar

Enlightened
LOL, oh no, I have a lot of work to do. ;)
Indeed you do!! Unfortunantely your attempt to quell our continuous lust for information has only served to further inflame the ever rising tide of expectations, for this truly revolutionary light. So far the situation is relatively under control but for how long? I 'm afraid if you continue to release just tid bits of info at your usual relaxed pace were going to see tension levels rise to unhealthy levels, and the resulting consequences of this could be very unsettling. Already were seeing effects of this emotional stress on our less "stable" members. For example, just look at what has happened to chipwillis, a seemingly normal guy who's gotten so carried away that he thinks he's actually beta testing the 009 SPY, and what's worse is that, He is so deep into this delusion that He managed to pull a few of "us", and that includes me, into His dream world! Even more alarming are the rumors I've been hearing about the Lux Luthor faction. Their apparently so unhappy about the pace of info released (SPY owner's manuals :mecry:) that their contemplating taking some kind of action. Data I know I don't have to remind you about the events that led up to last year's "incident" at the factory and the chaos that ensued. If the rumors are true, one or more "moles" have already infiltrated the ranks of your "Elves" Security Squad, and are even now conducting intensive recon in preparation for G-D knows what. Data these moles are really insidious creatures and will stop at nothing in their quest for intel. If I were you, I'd be on the highest of alerts. Please be very villigant and watch for any unsual activity around the factory. And pay particular attention to any new piles of fresh earth, that may turn up in unsual places, or new trails of sand leading from the tree house, as these are trade mark signs of a "mole tunneling" infestation! Please consider changing course before it's too late or at least beefing up security around the vulnerable tree house and the "man cave". I'll do my best to reach out to the more moderate members of the Luthor faction, but this time I'm not sure "diplomacy" will be enough. Let's work together to try and prevent a full scale invasion. Good luck my friend. Zandar

Last edited: