Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I have been for a while, so very curious to see. The side effect, is there are usually some nice older versions put up for sale too. Keep your eyes peeled.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do I really have to say it? OK I will, here it comes... I am also waiting with bated breath (I had to look the spelling up on that one, 'baited breath' just did not make much sense :ohgeez::crackup:).

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys for being patient. I am working hard these last two years to bring many new things to Cool Fall.

The new 007 is almost ready. The prototype is working great. As I have suggested before the 007 will get the same accessories that are currently available on the Tri-V. Namely the Vegas Knob and the Vault Battery Cap. Also as I have talked about it has a much larger all copper heat sink and copper MCPCB. That pushes lumen output up as do the latest crop of Cree XM-L2 emitters. The STFu MK4 is unchanged except for some programming tweaks and still puts out 3300 mA at max power. Combined with the Dragon Fire Nozzle it starts a fire even faster now. :poof: :tinfoil:

The two new secrets here are the new styling and new curved Sapphire lens made specifically for the 007.

First thing is the styling, a larger flat on the side presents a great canvas for detail. It is a "stealth" like look on the side. Then there are two new patterns/finishes. One is a new pattern/detail for the side I am calling the Springfield the other pattern is the Knurl. Neither are done but both are close. I know you want pictures. . . soon. The light still generally looks like the 007 but it will have more variation and options for you to choose from.

The new sapphire lens changes the head considerably. Some internally and some externally. The lens is now pushed all the way to the front of the light. It is thick and very strong and the big deal is there is no longer any place for dust and lent to hide. The sapphire is mounted proud like a high end sapphire watch crystal or a smart phone screen. It has taken me lots of design engineering to make this happen and I can say without hesitation it has been worth it. When I get the light out of my pocket to show or use, there is no need to clean the lens as it is already clean. :p

I wanted to share this with you now because my 007 testing shows all is working well. The 007 base price is unchanged from $1295. The option pricing is similar to the Tri-V pricing. The new head is optional so the old head will still be standard.

Finally I am almost moved into my new facility. Building the shop and moving my machines has been quite a long two year endeavor. I only need to move the final assembly stations and it will be done in a week or so! I am super excited about the new facility, it will enable me to go farther in 2016.

Cheers
Dave

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice! I'm sure we are all even more curious about the new features and detailing. I'm especially curious to see the new lens. Is there a curve on the edge of the lens or is it simply flat and proud of the bezel? I really like how you've been using styling cues and features of luxury watches and incorporating them into the Spys. It just makes them even more like jewelry.

Is the vault battery cap something that can be retrofitted to an existing Spy?

Also, congrats on the new shop! I'm pretty sure you're really excited about it.

Exeter354

Enlightened
New 007 sounds fantastic - I am all in on this for sure! So is the new facility in the tree house? Moving machines in there must be quite the endeavor - no wonder it took years! :D

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . . Is there a curve on the edge of the lens or is it simply flat and proud of the bezel? I really like how you've been using styling cues and features of luxury watches and incorporating them into the Spys. It just makes them even more like jewelry. . .

The lens is surrounded by the titanium head like a bezel ring on a ultra high end watch. The lens is proud of the head but only as much as it is curved for artistic reasons. The head (bezel) is also curved to match the lens curve. So if you close your eyes and rub your finger from the center of the lens off the side of the head you do not feel any change in curvature. The front edge of the head is polished to a mirror to match the look of the lens.

I am so excited about the shop.

Cheers
Dave

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
This all sounds super awesome. Knurling would be pretty fly for a spy guy!
So.............can this new lovely Sapphire head be purchased separately and fit on a older version??? :thinking: