Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Santa Claus will not be putting the new Spy 005 under the tree this year

Hopefully by Valentine's Day

Merry Christmas to Dave, and a HUGE thanks for producing these masterpieces

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Holidays everybody.

We had a big Thanksgiving family reunion here at our place and it took an enormous amount of my time. We had about 36 people from my wife's side of the family for Thanksgiving dinner and almost all of those people stayed at our house during the entire week! It was made possible because we got my new Cave (workshop garage) completed. 15 of the younger people in the family stayed inside the cave garage in a tent city that we set up and 5 others slept in the treehouse. There is a bar area great room that we now have all finished off including my new stereo system. Some of the CPF people that came to my Eastern Tech Gathering earlier this year got to see the room before it was completed. It is 99% done and I could not be happier. All of my attention is now focused on the flashlights.

For months we have been working on the SPY 005's. Mike has been helping me 100% of his time on the 005. Sorry, they will not be ready before the end of the year but they will be close. I have most of the parts completed for this run of lights. The titanium heads and knobs are all polished and complete. The STFu MK4 converter boards are mostly ready to be mated to the emitter/copper MCPCB/copper heat sink assemblies. I just need to know what XP emitter people want. The body and battery caps are fully machined and all the hand work like deburring and sanding is complete. We sanded all the parts by hand to get the final machining marks out. The only thing left is the final stone wash finish on the body and that that should go quick. The 005 will be available in one configuration only and it will be priced under $2000.

I have lots and lots of pictures of the 005 parts and of the Cave to share with you all if you want to see them.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
005 polished titanium knob and head setting on the bar

20161217_113401s.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
^ Beautiful and Retro! the contrast between the stonewashed body and shiny head and knob is very nice. :thumbsup:

Everything is smooth and curved in contrast to the much more angular and functional type finish of the 007.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet you this wave of new Spy005s is going to be like when the Tri-V came out back in '09. I had been a CPF member for like 2-3 months and was still trying to figure out what the heck a P60 and D26 was and what the difference between them was..... LOL!