Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
20170107_153241s.jpg

quick shot of new 005 from my phone camera

Great! The 005 is still my favorite!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes, for any of you whippersnappers old enough to remember, Flash Gordon written all over it! Wow!!!

Karl

Zandar

Enlightened
Karlthev, Out of an infinite respect to you, the "World's Oldest Man", I promise to not talk money on this light:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::nana::nana:

Zandar

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, put one on hold for me too please & thanks.
That looks like it would be a perfect EDC. I love the 007s & Tri Vs, but the 5 without the tail cap edges will be great in a front pocket.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Zandar, if ya gotta ask, ya can't afford it! Ha!!

Karl

Karlthev, Out of an infinite respect to you, the "World's Oldest Man", I promise to not talk money on this light:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::nana::nana:

Zandar

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes you are, and justifiably so!! You WILL learn....eventually...despite what "they" all say....really!!

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Fall is very excided to announce the impending availability of the classic 005 but all new internally and in all titanium. Considerable hand work was done on these lights to make them as fine as possible. They are shiny and the three step stone wash is deep.

I am ready to have the 005 sale. I have been testing the production light and it is working perfectly. The price of the light is $1995. There are no options yet so they are all that same price. You can pick from any Cree XP sized emitter you want (no XM) but only the L sized die is capable of the full 3300mA power. More on this below. I will take orders and build the lights ASAP like I usually do. Most of the time it will only take a day or two to build the light if I have the emitter you want.

A simple overview of the 005 is probably in order. This light uses the same STFu MK4 microprocessor controlled converter board as I use in my other high end lights. If you look a the 007 Sapphire user manual you can see how it is programmed as they are identical except for one thing. The 005 does not have haptic feedback. The 005 battery cap is released with a push pin knob like the original SPY design. The McR18 reflector is the same shape I use in my 007. The lens is the custom curved crystal glass. I am supplying only the original low profile lanyard with the 005. Both heat sinks and the MCPCB are solid copper.

The XP-L2 is the new powerful emitter and I currently have 4000K, 5000K and 5700K versions of it. I also have the XP-L-Hi emitter in 5000K, 5700K, 6200K and 6500K. The big differences are beam shape and color. With the McR18 reflector the XP-L2 has twice the size diameter of the center spot as the XP-L-Hi. Of course the XP-L-Hi throws considerably farther because of its tight beam (it is great for outdoor spotting). They both have the same size spill. The other difference is the XP-L2 has color bands typical of the XM-L(2) emitters where the XP-L-Hi has less of that effect. If you have questions about all this please post them here or send me an email. There are so many options here. I usually do not advise people on emitters unless they are new to all this and just want the safe decision. If you press me on this I will say the XP-L-Hi in a cool color is what I currently am using in my 007 because I like how it throws for hundreds of feet through the night air. However your mileage may vary.

The 005 sale will be early next week, probably Tuesday at noon. If you know what you want now please shoot me an email so I can start mounting emitters (several of you already have).

If you have any questions please ask.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks great! do you have any pics of the polished body? What about a side by side with a Sapphire? Just askin' and a dreamin'!!

I will get some pics posted this weekend. The polished battery cap option does not include the body. Only the battery cap would be polished.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the song "goes"..."oh baby you knooooow what I like (want)...." the answer is of course, Chantilly Lace.....The Big Bopper ........... In THIS case it's a Ti 005!!! :cool:

Last edited: