Enlightened
I'm a member...

h51r (bike light)
sc51 (bike blinky light)

sc51w
h51
h502c

And my brother has a h51Fw.

They all get used, a lot. No issues with any of them. The bike ones go through 4-5 eneloops a week. The others about 1 eneloop a week or fortnight.

I think I'd rather a h502w than h502c but you can't get them yet and I'd never had a high cri before. I don't think the extra 10 cri is worth it over the huge loss in performance.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an SC600w. Nice compact light with a great beam. The user interface is not for me in the middle of the night. I push the button and hit high by mistake instead of low often. If I'm not half asleep I have no problems selecting the correct mode.

Ha! That is the one thing that bugs me at times.

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
I have two zebralights (H600, and SC600), and the SC600 failed on me for no apparent reason (wasn't dropped or damaged). It was then that I discovered that support is not a priority for zebralight, which is a black mark for me.

My feeling on zebralight is that they are a novelty light. A flashlight designed to appeal to collectors that looks good on a shelf, feels good in your hand, and impresses your flashlight neophyte friends.

They are the sports car of flashlights. The Ferrari. You buy them to impress others and show off. You do not buy them to be practical.

My feeling, experience and research tells me they are not exceptionally practical lights. They don't seem very tough, nor are they particularly reliable (at least, any moreso than the standard home depot flashlight).

If you want a Ferrari, that is great. They will serve you well for what they are. However, if you're like me, working on rough jobsites in dirty, wet, harsh environments, you do not bring your Ferrari; you bring your pickup-truck.

It's all about what you use it for.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turns out that "what sound does a zebra make" is one of the most frequently asked questions when you type in "what sound" in google. Here I'll save you some keystrokes (definitely doesn't sound like a horse):

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/t-zebra.html
Bottom left for sound sample.

I have a H51FW, H31R, SC51c
Soon ordering a H502W. I'm holding off on the SC600W for the next revision.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Can I join? :p

Sc600w (my favorite)
Sc60w (my favorite)
Sc51c (my favorite)
H51w with diffuser film (my favorite)
H502c (it's growing on me but sure to soon be my favorite)

I just can't choose which one I like the most. The sc51c gets the most use in my edc rotation. The sc600w is "da bomb diggity" and everyone knows it. The sc60w has the most beautiful non hi CRI tint of all of my lights. The h51w with diffuser film is my go to light when I need two hands and finally the h502c is starting to push the h51w aside for most anything indoors that requires two hands. Now if ZL would only make a good single 18650, single XML thrower.. I'd be in heaven.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Pacificwing said:
I have two zebralights (H600, and SC600), and the SC600 failed on me for no apparent reason (wasn't dropped or damaged). It was then that I discovered that support is not a priority for zebralight, which is a black mark for me.

My feeling on zebralight is that they are a novelty light. A flashlight designed to appeal to collectors that looks good on a shelf, feels good in your hand, and impresses your flashlight neophyte friends.

They are the sports car of flashlights. The Ferrari. You buy them to impress others and show off. You do not buy them to be practical.

My feeling, experience and research tells me they are not exceptionally practical lights. They don't seem very tough, nor are they particularly reliable (at least, any moreso than the standard home depot flashlight).

If you want a Ferrari, that is great. They will serve you well for what they are. However, if you're like me, working on rough jobsites in dirty, wet, harsh environments, you do not bring your Ferrari; you bring your pickup-truck.

It's all about what you use it for.

May I ask if you dealt with ZL in China or Texas? I have had to contact ZL in Texas twice and have nothing but good things to say but most of the reports of bad CS I've heard about were from the China factory.

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
May I ask if you dealt with ZL in China or Texas? I have had to contact ZL in Texas twice and have nothing but good things to say but most of the reports of bad CS I've heard about were from the China factory.

I've heard this as well. Unfortunately, I'm in Canada. There is no easy way to deal with Zebralight here. There are no local distributors, so I pretty much have to go through the China factory for everything.

riccardo.dv

Newly Enlightened

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
After this happened? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ht-H502-XM-L&p=3983063&viewfull=1#post3983063
I won't buy any other light from Zebralight

it's almost 20 days and I don't know where my little h502 is (sent back for rma, there was water entering the lens)

Similer thing happened to me. Took almost 3 weeks to get a response out of them for RMA.

I never did send it back. Figured it wasn't worth bothering, considering the number of people who claim to never see their lights again. I just went and bought a real light instead from a distributor that could supply locally.. The zebralight was nice, no question. It is very "pretty" and a good show off light. Unfortunately, I need something that I can rely on. I've heard too many nightmare stories from ZL, only to have it conk out on me shortly thereafter.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent an SC51w back about 18 months ago and never heard back from them until I contacted them again myself after 2 months. (Turn-around on my H501w was 7 weeks with no contact so I thought I'd give them a chance). Then all I got was a 'no we haven't received your light. I asked again every week for another month or so but got no help, only that they never got it.

Luckily I got the value of the SC51 back from Royal Mail.

gunga

Flashaholic
I guess I'm a member.

H30w (custom)
H50bw (custom)
H51w with diffusion film

Just got a neutral modded sc600.

No issues so far (knock on wood). By far my favorite headlamps.

Waiting for h502w.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like a use them often. My edc is an SC80c. But my Surefires are on standby for hard use.

SC80c
SC51c
H51fw
H51fr
H502d

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC-600 here. It's a neat light and really my only flood. Don't know if I'd buy another model, but that has nothing to do with the SC-600.

Chris

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
mine...
ZLCollections.jpg

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I'm a member of the herd since I do own one, but I'm not right there in the middle of the pack, I'm kinda off to the side looking to make my way over to the Fenix, Jetbeam or Eagletac herd

. I bought the ZL SC600 due to rave reviews here, but found it isnt quite the "best thing since sex" that it was made out to be. Its anodizing is thin and scratches way easier than my Jetbeams. The multi-mode UI with 1 button takes some getting used to, and god forbid you have to try and describe it to someone else who isnt a flashlight person when the lights go out! It throws like a girl! Its good as an indoor or short distance outdoor light. If I turn the tail cap so much as 2mm, its shuts the light off. Thats too sensitive for my tastes. The button is so deep I cant use it with my thumb, so I have to hold it like a rear switch light, and push the button with my ring finger. Some times the switch doesnt turn it on til the 2nd try. The aluminum alloy seems soft, It only runs on 18650's, the beam is sloppy, it didnt come with squat as far as extras, etc.

The good things: Its very bright. Its a great indoor light due to its flood. Its got great color tint, and I didnt even need to buy the W version. Its seems thick and tough. Its small and compact. Its OK. I'd give it a B- to C+.

I was planning on buying one of the ZL headlamps in 6 months or so, but now I've found that Fenix makes even better ones, so thats out for now. The one good thing about their headlamps is that you can separate the light and use it as a flashlight.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been in the herd since the introduction of the H50. Did add an SC50w a while back.

Geoff

is the SC50w based on the XP-E? correct? I have a 30w and I'm assuming it's the same thing but AA lol

also, if ZL ends up coming out with an SC52(w) or SC32w, i wonder what it'd be like