Armytek Predator Pro V3 XPH35 Hi Pics and Beamshots

greatbluewhite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the detailed review! I am debating between the Predator Pro XHP35 or Dobermann Pro XHP35. I love the slightly more pocketability of the DP, but don't know if I can live with the hexagon-shaped beam. The PP's beam is very nice!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
boy am I a stone cold sucker for Armytek! I now have 14 of them. It has been one hell of a frustrating journey though. I have both the "white light" and "warm white" XHP35 PP and DP's as well as the XHP50 warm white Viking Pro. Very luckily I have not had a single technical issue with any of them. They are all quite clearly much higher output vs the XP-L variants. That being said only half of the lights I mentioned came with a manual. Once again I had to search out the correct PDF manuals on AT's atrocious website. Why "warm white" instead of "neutral white" and "white light" instead of "cool white"? The PP's and DP's do not throw much farther than the XP-L HI variants but are 100% higher output especially the XHP50 Viking Pro. The UI is still screwy. "Turbo 1" and "Turbo 2"? The totally different beam profile out my XHP35 DP's was totally unexpected but I actually do like the MUCH larger hot spot. EDIT-let me correct myself here. The XHP 35 DP's do NOT throw farther than the XP-L HI variants they actually have 10k LESS CD. Regardless I like them very much. The max output from my XHP50 Viking Pro is so bright it kind of hurts to look at it so I barely use it. My XHP35 DP's do NOT have a hexagon shaped profile somehow...

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks andreas0401 for the pictures and beamshots!

Today I received Predator Pro XHP35 in warm white tint. Excellent: after having bad experience of uncentered LED(like many other) it seems that Armytek solved the problem(hopefully once for all) with a perfect base for the LED. For a neutral-warm tint lover the tint is very nice. This is SO cool flashlight!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I compare the light at turbo2 with protected 18650 and AW IMR unprotected I notice that protected cell can't provide full output. With AW IMR the output is around 1300 lumens! Brighter than Olight SR52UT! Not as good throw because of the smaller reflector, though.
I just wonder about the regulated runtime. I doubt it can be the specificated 1hour, if so the runtime at turbo1(744lm) mode should be more than the stated 1,7hours. It's difficult to measure because the light will be hot and the temperature control lowers the output. Anyway it's good that Armytek uses over discharge protection so I dare to use unprotected cell.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately my Predator has some fault. Suddenly a strobe mode has been added to to the additional modes. It is placed between the main3 and Firefly1. Consequently with strobe mode memorized the light will act like it is in tactical settings despite it is in hunting settings. I have carefully read the manual but cant find that I have missed something.
Ok; this isn't a real problem as long as the light otherwise works properly and I can stand that I have to cycle through the strobe mode when I change the additional mode. I just became surprised that a strobe mode showed up and that it according to the manual should not.

Any comment about this? Has Armytek still a common issue with the electronical circuits, or am I just very unlucky? My former predator Pro(XP-G2) suffers from that it indicates low battery despite it's almost fully charged(and it's adjusted for 18650).

Last edited:

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Swedpat, same problem on mine. :( I can't get rid of that strobe... I'll write Armytek, this Predator is terrible compared my Pro v2.5. Terrible beam focusing, no programming and now also this strobe bliding me every time I'm looking for the firefly.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swedpat, same problem on mine. :( I can't get rid of that strobe... I'll write Armytek, this Predator is terrible compared my Pro v2.5. Terrible beam focusing, no programming and now also this strobe bliding me every time I'm looking for the firefly.

Armyteks claiming of "Most technically advanced flashlights in the world" maybe was true earlier but definitely not today with the new more simple UI, which is not more advanced than other lights. I wonder why Armytek does not use the function like the budget Astrolux and Manker lights? With the possibility to go back to lower brightness level with a long press. That's a great idea! Apart from that the reset time never should be more than a second.

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Removed the strobe. At least 20 momentary activation and then full click (turn on). One blink will inform you that the strobe has been added/removed. Anyway, I agree with you.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Removed the strobe. At least 20 momentary activation and then full click (turn on). One blink will inform you that the strobe has been added/removed. Anyway, I agree with you.

Thanks for the tip, IT WORKS! :twothumbs Is that information in the manual?...