Barbolight T-09 "Custom" Special Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaniac

Newly Enlightened
Hello Javier,

Just in case you didn't notice it in my PM:
I'll choose Option 1 with the no doughnut reflector.

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Last question before the decision has to be made :)

Is the special finish of option 1 HAIII and as tough as the standard factory finishes?
The finish of option 3 ist the standard finish of your dive lights, is that right?

thanks
Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last question before the decision has to be made :)

Is the special finish of option 1 HAIII and as tough as the standard factory finishes?
The finish of option 3 ist the standard finish of your dive lights, is that right?

thanks
Michael

It is as durable or even more. " Nituff® is a proprietary product that produces a surface on aluminum that has hardness (62 RC) comparable to that of case-hardened steel, unusual durability, high corrosion resistance, low coefficient of friction, high dielectric properties and dry lubricating properties"

LINK to website.
LINK to Military Datasheet.

So, as you can see is basically a HAIII, but penetrated with Teflon to improve its characteristics.

What is a HAIII?

"Hard Anodizing or Hardcoat Anodize produces an oxide coating that is denser and thicker than sulfuric acid anodize (clear anodize). Film thickness is 3 to 20 times that of chromic or sulfuric acid anodizing and because of the film's density, it produces a hardness of 60 to 65 Rockwell on the C scale. The color of this film varies from light gray to dark olive gray depending on the material's alloy, temper and coating thickness"

Link to website
Link to Military Datasheet

We use Class I (Natural color) on dive lights, and Class II (black color) on military lights. Military lights have also an specific process to make them matt.

So... OPTION I is as durable or even more. It is more exclusive... and expensive!!

Javier

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Javier,
I would like to switch to option one, assuming option one has pocket clip. I like the idea of using R123's.

:thanks:

Last edited:

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Thanks Javier for your detailed answer!

So, finally, after a long time of thinking and thinking, I made my decision:

Body:
Option 1, long body with special teflon finish and RCR123 momentary ability

Reflector:
throw-reflector

This will be the next member in my Barbolight-family :)

Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
List updated again.

I have a question for you. Two members have asked me to join this. As I told you this SE run was limited to 10 units I would like to ask your permission to add them.

Javier

Daylight

Newly Enlightened
List updated again.

I have a question for you. Two members have asked me to join this. As I told you this SE run was limited to 10 units I would like to ask your permission to add them.

Javier

Why not? Of course, if you have enough bodys... come in!

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are finished!!!

What kind of laser engraving do you preffer?

I have been doing some more testing, and after 8-9 minutes, room temperature, stand alone (not in hand) it drops to 50% output due to a kind of overheat protection. If you leave it to cool down it will start max output again. This is not a light for constant use (I repeat, underwater you can).

"REMEMBER. SHORT CONTROLLED BURST!"

hicks2.jpg

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I going to try a "in hand" test, but now we have like 2ºC degrees, and that won't be fair.

The test we have done was perfomed into a small chamber, with no air circulating at all and room temperature 22-23ºC I'm sure 8-9 minutes is the worst time you can get.

It just will drop to 50%, but won't left you in the dark.

I know most of you are not buying this light for tactical uses, but according to very experienced people on this, the kind of use of the light on many situations is just short flashes, which will allow you to "take a picture" while not revealing clearly your position. According to this, a T-09 is really appropiate, as due to it's "wall of light" can illuminate a very big room in just a fraction of a second. It doesn't mind if you are not focusing exactly the place were the threat is.

Javier

pyromaniac

Newly Enlightened
Hello Javier,
What kind of laser engraving do you preffer?
From my point of view, as few as possible! Maybe:
-------------------
Barbolight
Spezial Edition T-09
##/12
-------------------
The Name "Photonblizzard" is nice, but not really necessary for me.

Is the overheat protection a intentional part of the driver board?
And, if i do understand you right, the output drops to 50% and stays there (on) until it's cool enough to go back to 100%?

PM send with payment questions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.