BASIC FLASHLIGHT TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

Pneumothorax

Newly Enlightened
Havent posted here in forever. Got a basics question. My Jetbeam Mini-1 usb keychain light won't turn OFF. Last weekend, I used it and when i unscrewed to turn it off, it wouldnt turn off. I kept unscrewing until the cap came off. Whenever i try to screw it back on the light goes on and wont turn off...have you guys heard this one before? Is this just 'get a new light?' answer?

lilaussie18

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a pocket clip for my Surefire 9Z instead of the lanyard and also a clip for my old school E2E i put a Q5 LED KX@ Conversion head onto. I dont know how or where to mount a new clip for the E2E. It used to be screwed into original head, new conversion doesnt offer option. Is there anything anyone has in mind for a rear tailcap slip in pocket clip?

Any ideas would help, been searching the web too long with no results.

Narcco

Newly Enlightened
What is the best way to trouble shoot a converted maglite. When the light doesn't come on and the lights at the switch cycle through and stop on blue.

CDub

Newly Enlightened
i have a question regarding cleaning my flashlight after leaked battery inside my Fenix E05. I pulled out the spring (far end of tube for battery contact) and cleaned it, but after putting in a new battery, the flashlight will not turn on. Under the spring, there might be some left over battery stuff. Is that affecting the non-power? How would I clean the tube further, how would I scrape inside a tube? Is it worth trying to figure out how to clean it further or just throw it away?
thanks.

Redhos83

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the write up. I've been a long time flashlight junkie but kind of new to the full customs and moding

LockNinja

Newly Enlightened
I spilled xylene on my mecarmy pt16 lens. I was wondering if anyone knew how to clear it back up? It got completely fogged over and the beam is much weaker now.

The Hawk

Enlightened
Again, I have learned something from this forum. Thanks for the tip about removing the end cap and shorting the light using a paper clip.

lastkoenig

Newly Enlightened
Cataract,

Your list is a very good start. I'll suggest also checking the driver & LED for broken connections [especially if the light was dropped]. I had a drop-in + spring pop loose after a drop.
Have u ever seen a mini maglite not led flash ...---... ...---... ...---... when u put new batteries

Lit Cyclist

Newly Enlightened
I see too many threads about "my light won't come on" where people just do not know the basics of what to do in that type of situation, so here it is in a nutshell:

BASIC FLASHLIGHT TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE:

4 - Clean all contacts: inside the head, spring(s), tube ends and threads. (Rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip work fine or this)
4A - For twisties and lights that have erratic behavior: check if your o-rings are not creating too much friction (too dry or too big) or not enough tension (too small). Big o-rings can prevent contact, small o-rings can make contacts happen when not desired, causing flickers or undesired mode changes.
Is there a good source for replacement o-rings? I have a JetBeam BC40 that now routinely flickers between low/high beam, and I'd like to keep it running. Cleaning contacts with alcohol didn't help.