batteries for tn40vn

isard08

Newly Enlightened
Spec 1 ordered! Any news about the runtime test? Stupid question: if using unprotected batteries, how do you know when you need to stop using them (to avoid over-discharge)?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spec 1 ordered! Any news about the runtime test? Stupid question: if using unprotected batteries, how do you know when you need to stop using them (to avoid over-discharge)?

Eight quick taps from OFF will cause light to blink. Each blink represents 0.1 volts above 3.0 volts. Therefore, 10 blinks = 4.0 volts.
Driver VNX2 will cut the brightness in half at 3 volts.

Last edited:

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Eight quick taps from OFF will cause light to blink. Each blink represents 0.1 volts above 3.0 volts. Therefore, 10 blinks = 4.0 volts.
Driver VNX2 will cut the brightness in half at 3 volts.

I'm guessing 3V at such high Amps would probably result in a cell resting voltage of around 3.6V?
Since the question still wasn't answered. How many amps does the light draw out of every cell? Can't be that much when Vinh recommends protected 10A or lower cells? :thinking:
How do I actually calculate this for a light of this kind. I got 4 LEDs and 4 cells. We need around 15V and 2.5Amps for every LED to achieve the stated 9000 Lumen. So we draw around 10A out of every cell? :confused:

Tested the TN40vn tonight with VTC5A and got 11,230 lumens turn on! Dropping to 10,040 ANSI.

VTC6 managed 10,570 turn on and 9,500 ANSI

This should be pretty close to killing the LEDs actually? :D That's around 3.2A per emitter if my limited knowledge serves me right.

Last edited: