Beryllium Copper Rotary Anniversary Run

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just can't jump off the fence for this one. Back and forth I go. Should I shouldn't I.

You probably have some time to think about it.
Personally, I think these turned out better than the titanium, brass, and bronze runs as far as knurling/machining. The electronics in the head are also improved.
From the run-off so far today... You have time to think about it on the BeCu with one caveat: The choice of emitters will go down the longer you wait. We will have a run-off for the remainder of the stainless steel in a week or two, then the remaining limited emitters will be available in standard lights... and there are not a bunch of them, so if there is a specific emitter you want in the BeCu... the longer you wait, the greater the chance that emitter will be gone.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My BeCu arrived. Here some pictures:

L6ZN3jW.jpg

BeCu is in the middle

6yjJ3Yh.jpg

BeCu Knurling

r0ZRsL5.jpg

Ti Knurling

rUkQKOh.jpg

BeCu Rotary and LF2XT

UmPJV4N.jpg

BeCu is at the bottomm Brass at the Top, BeCu LF2XT in the middle

At all the BeCu machining is perfect. I was liking the really great Ti machining which was 99.99% perfect. The BeCu machining is 99.9999% perfect. I really love the BeCu, the metal it is really a little bit red tinted.

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it was fast so far. The shipments made a small sightseeing in LA and San Francisco. Guess there was a queue to get a plane. Currently air freight is limited, at least internationally. The good point was that DHL did the customs stuff. I needed only to pay and got my shipments...

I am really happy. My hope is that the Stainless Steel is working that fine top.

@Hogo:
How many BeCus were done in total?

C3H5N3O9

Newly Enlightened
Wow, they look fantastic. I said I wasn't going to order one because I bought a stainless, but the pictures are making it difficult to resist.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonderful pics WarriorOfLight! Especially the macro shots of the knurling.
Thanks, and you are right, I used the Pentax DFA 100mm f/2,8 Macro WR lens to take the knurling pictures!

Wow, they look fantastic. I said I wasn't going to order one because I bought a stainless, but the pictures are making it difficult to resist.
SAME HERE................. very tempted...

If you both have the money I can really recommend BeCu. I also expect sooner (or later - in my case it will be later since my Bronze Rotary also looks kind of "fresh") the patina will be really cool. I can not be very good seen on the pictures. There are some small parts, guess it is from the assembly process, there are some smaller areas that turned a little bit more red.
The processing of the BeCu is also perfect. I really can not find anything to complain about the BeCu light. The only complain is that I do not have a BeCu with SDV30, at least SW30 is great, only SW27 would be better .... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

But we will see maybe HDS is doing in the future a limited LED run with a "ultra low K" LED that is below 3000K. I would be in. Btw. the SDR55 is also a great "High Noon" replacement. When my the Stainless Steel order reaches me it may be time to do an update for my LED compare picture that I did in Hogos very last and legendary "Low K Groupbuy".
Since that time I got a lot new HDS lights with new LED options...

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can not be very good seen on the pictures. There are some small parts, guess it is from the assembly process, there are some smaller areas that turned a little bit more red.
When the parts were delivered from the machinist, they had a pretty good patina started on them. We cleaned them up before assembly. I personally liked how they looked with patina.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the parts were delivered from the machinist, they had a pretty good patina started on them. We cleaned them up before assembly. I personally liked how they looked with patina.
The statement was no complain at all. I really love how it looks and if there is more Patina, than it will look mich cooler. The Patina colored spots are really looking very promising.

BeCu could be cooler than Titanium, and I really love the Ti Rotary top.

Dan, from my side a big thank you that you made this BeCu Rotaries possible!

Last edited:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm almost sold. I've bought my 2 titanium and bronze off the secondary market because I don't like to wait once I buy something. Lol. But it look a long time to find those.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct. The stainless run-off sale will be later, and there are not as many of those left, so I kind of expect that to be about a 2 minute sale.
So "run-off sale" is like a fire sale, right? Where everything is sold at a deep discount in order to clear the inventory?

(Yeah, you can slap me and wake me from my dream. :whistle:)

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Hogo, are the Samsung SDW55 sold out or is there a chance to get one in a BeCu?

Those are done. They are not listed on the Custom Page at HDS. It would have taken too long to get any more of this in.

Since switching vendors for assembly of the electronics, which includes mounting the emitters, there is an eye-watering, stomach turning, take your breath away lot charge for mounting emitters. Read this as "No more small batch runs of emitters". This is one of the reasons I got all these different emitters in now. There wasn't time to get more of the SDW55... so we probably won't be seeing those again. They are 5400-55k, so quite close to the SDR50.

The reason for the run-off sales being higher priced is that it makes it more beneficial for those who got in on the pre-sale, and these are the people who actually make these runs possible. They pony up the cash then wait patiently (mostly... LOL!) for HDS to deliver. And as we know, that can take a good deal of time. I wanted to make sure there was a benefit for those who are in the pre-sale stage. Don't thank me for these runs... It is really those in the pre-sale who make them happen... I just lie awake at night worrying about the machinists health.