best oscars ever!!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have unedited and unmuted video but it has many bad words in it

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Awards shows have gone so woke lately that few even watch it. Chris Rock is a rather mediocre comedian IMO and told a rather tasteless uncaring joke about Will Smith's wife and I think that it hurt her feelings and that is why he was slapped. Smith shouldn't have slapped Rock but Rock should be glad he didn't punch him as Rock would have probably been flattened as Smith has 4 inches and likely about 40-50 lbs on Rock. I'm not really a fan of either actor I think Smith has a swagger and ego that at times is irritating and Rock is so whiny that the only reason he does well in some movies is that they have down to earth calm and more serious people beside him and the stark contrast is interesting.
Maybe the slappage will knock a few dollars back in the networks pocket and maybe people who watch WWE will tune into the awards next year and bet on who hits the hosts for making tasteless jokes that time.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Chris Rocks says a senseless, tasteless joke? :eek:
Say it aint so.
Calm down Fresh Prince it was just a joke.

The only film I saw a Clint Eastwood movie about a boy and his pet chicken. Heck I don't even remember the name of it. So anything they spoke of at Oscar night would be foriegn to me anyhow.

There was one I meant to go see called "One Night in Miami". A fictional where Muhamad Ali, Sam Cook, Jim Brown and Malcolm X met at a hotel and talked about life. Sounds boring and probably was but I was told the actors were completely convincing at their roles.

Don't know that I've ever watched any hollywood award show, ever muchless recently. I hear people talk about them but it's never been something I choose to watch.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lmao, if it was not for such wide coverage of that incident i would not even know Oscars were on, maybe it was all staged, i mean with quite a few viewers they lose every year, they sure need some pr campaign now.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I also wondered if it was staged.
I heard a commentor state that one could hear the slap and it was really hard.

At any rate, I am glad that it was "Black on Black" violence, or there would be another kind of storm.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
this is what happens when you and your wife are in an open relationship. He can't say crap about her sleeping around so he makes up for it like this. Had to show them hey my wife may be sleeping with a dozen guys but she's still my wife. Crazy. I like his work but this was way out of line and ruined the night for many. Then the idiot gets a. Standing ovation?!!!

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
Hollywood fools living gross lives, lecturing to us. I could care less what they say or do. Way to busy living life. It was all over talk radio as I was driving or I would have had no idea. I barley even know who these people are.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Are the Oscars also called "Academy awards"? That was the term I kept hearing at the water cooler today.

Actually the joke was pretty funny to me once I understood the context. But I understand why the Fresh Prince of BelAir was mad.

It seems this is not the first time those two have tangled over the woman but this time Chris Rock got in a Mike Tyson upper cut to Will Smith's ego.

Stay tuned 'cause this one may not be over. Apparently the LA Police told Chris "all ya gotta do is give the word and homie's goin' down town in a squad car".

:popcorn:

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't care about the award shows, but have been a Will Smith fan since I was a kid in the 90s watching the Fresh Prince, so I was pretty disappointed at his response. For people who say they want to be good role models for young men, it is pretty sad to see them reinforcing the idea that the only way to resolve a difference is to immediately resort to physical violence. Young men are getting killed every day across the country because of overreactions to stupid disagreements. It would be nice to see the celebs who spend so much time preaching peace and unity actually demonstrate it. So, yeah, that was lame. We don't know if Rock even knew about Jada's alopecia; it could have been a legit joke. Lots of celebrity women have shaved their heads for roles or fashion, and I have known quite a few women of color with very short hair, so it isn't unreasonable that he thought it was just a style choice. Who knows? In any case, it sure overshadowed any good that would come from the night.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I remember when celebrities loved being insulted by Don Rickles :unsure:
Whaddya mean by that, ya hockey puck? ;)

For those unfamiliar with Don Rickles, that was his go-to insult. One thing that Rickles understood is that you don't punch down. That's a lesson that Chris Rock learned the hard way last night.

I was surprised to learn that Rickles was a truly nice guy in person. I know someone who visited him at his home and he was humble and gracious, the complete opposite of his character.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Awards shows have gone so woke lately that few even watch it. Chris Rock is a rather mediocre comedian IMO and told a rather tasteless uncaring joke about Will Smith's wife and I think that it hurt her feelings
She looked visibly wounded by that joke. I can understand why Will had such a strong reaction, although I can't condone the way he chose to settle the score.

Will Smith was laughing at the joke.

Then he must have observed his "wife" wasn't laughing.

I wouldn't have cared one way or the other if Smith had told Rock -"Put up your dukes. I'm about to slap the s..t outta you." Then Rock could've defended himself or ran from a much taller and heaver "man". No shame there.

Smith has some serious family issues going on. He needs an intervention, and consequences for assaulting Rock. Perhaps if those two things happen we won't read of Smith dying of a drug overdose sometime in the near future.

It sure seems a lot of Hollywood Elites are way too comfortable with Black on Black violence.

Latest posts