Best Shock Proof LED Flash Light?

mulder89

Newly Enlightened
Thankyou LED ninja. Yeah shipping is the killer usually. I cant see how a light is so dear to ship. Thanks for the heads up.
mulder89

Last edited:

fishx65

Enlightened
http://www.fox-intl.com/item.asp?id=338 I've ordered 5 Propoly 4aa Luxeons from here. They are usually the best price you can find. Do a search on the 4aa propoly lux on this forum and you can spend hours reading about this light. Seems like most members have purchased this one. I've never had the 2aa but it's only 10 bucks from Fox!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Do you know how much abuse the lights get?

The ProPoly is a pretty good light but the beam is more spot then flood and output could be better. It does seem reliable and runs on normal batteries.

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
Since he probably doesn't need a long distance spot, a close up flood would be a better idea.

The zebralight sounds like a good choice and can run all day on one AA.

mulder89

Newly Enlightened
Heaps of abuse! Continual dripping to the ground, kicked and thrown. Has anyone any experience with the Energiser Case series? Suppose to take the punishment and a 30 foot drop. One led and 2 AA batteries. I can get those here or suggest them to him.
mulder89

Dragonfueled

Newly Enlightened
Anyone got a link so I can check out these RA twisties? Im an auto mechanic and could use a really tough lite

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
An infinity ultra with a neck lanyard would solve the dropping problem and really stretch out the AA batteries.
And they are tough as nails.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Here's a Olight abuse testing.

Fenix P3D abuse testing, the other ones(L1D, L2D, P2D, L1T V2.0, L2T V2.0) should be able to take similar abuse.

Fenix T1 testing thread with links to more tests, the TK10 and TK11 should also be similar abuse wise. I think they improved the switch so the TK10/11's switch might be tougher then the T1's.

There are more but those are the ones that were easier to find for me.

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
You flashlight nuts are funny.:poke:

10 to 1 if this guy gets anything fancier than whatever is at the drugstore or pepboys (hey its got 42 LEDs it must be bright! right?), he is going to buy at big box retailers. Fenix, Olight, Ra may be big names to you and me, but to this guy they are fringe boutique oddball with a high price.

The only answer you should give your buddy.

Inova X5.

Every Target, Walmart, Sporting goods store has it. The average $40 price will probably be more than 2x the most he ever paid for a light, but to us it is nothing. Sports Authority had them on sale last week for $25.

EVERY mechanic I know has one and swears by it. The really good mechanics also have another Inova with a UV beam to pick up the UV-trace additives to spot leaks, sources, and paths of various liquids.

The only thing he may balk at is the "expensive camera cell" for the battery. Just show him that he can buy a 2pk of SF CR123's at Lowes for $5 (not great, but for a non-flashlight guy, its a damn bargain vs the drugstore and electronics retailers)

Once he hear that the brightness is not affected by cold or by long periods of non-use, he will bite and who knows, maybe become a torch-nut fan like all of us.:)

You start talking multi-modes and outputs along with HA-III etc, hes just gonna get an LED mag or some cheap aluminum cluster light with 5 lumens total output, get spots in his eyes from looking directly at it, and say "hurr thats brite!)

A SF G2L would not be a terrible choice either, but there is an X5 in every toolbox these days. I know one of my friends got one of his from the Matco tools rep. Might be the UV light. I'd ask, but I don't go bringing up obscure flashlights with my friends out of the blue. Might as well ask them what type of steakknives they use.:crazy:

dixemon

Enlightened
Dont forget the Inova T1. Its about $35 and can take some serious abuse. It is also brighter than the X5, however, only sligtly less robust because of the leds.