Best suitable Pelican case for a flashlight collection?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I breathed in every post of the Pelican case thread but it's hard to figure out, which one suits best to store or move a collection.

Some have two part foam, some are a bit deeper.
I don't want to cut the foam to get the perfect depth.
Or with the two-part model I could change the direction of the flashlights to prevent them of touching each other's.

The Laptop cases look best for presentation. But I read, that the foam is not deep enough to protect the lights while stored.

What are your recommended models?

Cheers!

BTW:
Wish me luck. Maybe I get my fourth Hellfighter and around 15 new Surefire!

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think it will be determined to great extent by the size of the collection you are trying to house.

Pretty sure that Pelican doesn't make cases large enough for some of the collections around here ....

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Hi, it depends on the size of case you need. As for the foam, you can either cut the original foam, solid or the the pick and pluck type. For some better fitting, it's inevitable to make custom foam. I have a model 1120, inside which I fit 10 Zebralight, but I had to custom cut the foam. If you need pictures, I can send you by PM.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like someone else said, the pick and pluck type is a good option if you have lights of a variety of sizes.

If you have more standard, 1 inch OD lights then you might check out Nalpak Inc. They have some great custom inserts for flashlights that they sell with Pelican cases.

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Around 50 lights.
I just want to know, which model depth is ideal for flashlights and has two layers.
I have no problem to buy more then one case.

Thank you for your suggestion. I live in Germany. Buying from them will be too expensive. And I have various sizes (mostly 6P and E2 type).
I have no problem to customize the foam myself.

Last edited: