Best UV flashlight

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone recommend a UV flashlight that meets these three requirements:

1. 365nm (preferably Nichia)
2. will work on primary batteries
3. can be fitted with a visible light filtering lens.

I've looked but have yet to find one that meets all of these requirements.

Stoneking

Enlightened
Not sure your price range...
McGizmo Haiku is an option.
I don't know if it covers your 3rd requirement.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one readily available filtering lens that I am aware of is 20.5 mm in diameter. So a UV light that uses primaries and can hold that lens would be perfect. Amazon and others sell the "365nm UV flashlight visible filter lens."

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking for something less costly than McGizmo. Convoy would be fine, but as far as I can determine it is 18650 only and will not handle two CR123 primaries.

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a UV flashlight that meets these three requirements:

1. 365nm (preferably Nichia)
2. will work on primary batteries
3. can be fitted with a visible light filtering lens.

I've looked but have yet to find one that meets all of these requirements.

have a look at the convoy uv, it uses a real nichia emitter and im pretty sure u can put on a light lens, it costs like 20 bucks on banggood gearbest etc and is very powerful, takes 1 18650 battery.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking for something less costly than McGizmo. Convoy would be fine, but as far as I can determine it is 18650 only and will not handle two CR123 primaries.

Nailbender's P60 module will work fine with a cheap P60 host of your choice.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Inova X5 UV is what I see TSA using. The Inovas are very well built - used to be much more popular here on the forums. http://www.niteize.com/product/INOVA-X5-UV.asp

I have the same one and it's been a solid light all around. I have a couple of other Inovas and one thing I'll say for them, they have very nice threads.

I only have one other UV light which is a rare ARC AAA brass UV prototype.

Tranc3r

Newly Enlightened
What about Acebeam X80-UV? Any good?

Ar there any other strong UV flashlight around under 500 euro?

manticore

Newly Enlightened
I have had positive experiences with all Fenix lights I have purchased so I was waiting to order a Fenix TK25UV. A couple of weeks ago I noticed Fenix had discontinued the TK25UV and I was disappointed to say the least. The TK25UV has 2 LED's so you get up to 1000 lumens of white light and a 3w led output @ 365 nm wavelength. Dual tailswitches eliminate any drain on the battery when not in use. I found another source with several TK25UV's in stock so I ordered one. When I received the unit I checked it out immediately. It is now my favorite flashlight, I love this flashlight. It has the highest UV output of all the flashlights I researched and the beam profile of the white light is very nice as well. Since it was discontinued I went ahead and ordered another one just to have as a replacement if ever required.

If you are looking for a UV flashlight and you find a TK25UV, buy it, you will not be disappointed.

Chris

TampaDude

Newly Enlightened
I have three uvBeast lights, and they all work great! TONS of UV at 365nm. Stuff glows insane bright!

manticore

Newly Enlightened