Beta QRV2 horrible twist action.

chrisommer

Newly Enlightened
Update: they responded to my email. 7 day response time. First email was "sounds like a thread issue" and second email was a tracking number of a new beta. New beta arrived and it's much better! I am very happy and can say customer service was top notch!!

I just picked up a copper Beta from the holiday sale and I must say it is the hardest light I've had as a twisty. I can do it one handed but it is not fun by any means. The lack of grip and the fact that the clip can't be used as leverage due to it spinning doesn't help. I have to apply as much pressure as I can for it to even move and then it jerks so to speak. Kinda like a knife with strong detent. It is definitely harder than I feel it should be and has begun to turn me off of the light. When I received my 47 mini and mini turbo I thought they were a little tighter but they were acceptable. This is way worse.

I have cleaned and applied the nano oil I bought from Prometheus and that didn't help. I plan to clean again and use one of the other supplied o rings as well as fluoro grease I use on my other lights and am hoping this helps. Other than this issue the light is great. Clip is awesome, emitter is a pleasure, and it is well built.

Anyone else have this experience and have you remedied it? I have reached out to Prometheus but am wanting to see what experiences forum members have had. Thanks.

Last edited:

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with a different AAA light. I simply removed the O-ring and twisting is just right now. You may not want to do this, but it worked for me.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like there may have been some machining debris caught in the threads from the factory.
Copper is a very malleable metal.
Your contact email to support at darksucks dot com will reply to arrange to have it corrected or replaced.
Several years ago, this used to be an issue with Foursevens Ti lights. They have fixed it since.
GL

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try taking the battery out and twisting the head. Sometimes it's possible for the spring to put too much pressure on the head, making it much harder to twist.

Next, take off the o-ring and then try it out. If it's still rough, it's probably the threads. If it's smooth, put some lube/grease in the o-ring groove, replace the o-ring and twist it around before applying the lube/grease to the outside of the o-ring. Put the head back on and give it a few twists to distribute the lube/grease and put the battery back in.

If all else fails, contact customer service. Good luck.

SNES

Newly Enlightened
I've had a few copper betas and the most recent one required the most force to twist. I replaced the o-ring with an extra from a maratac aaa and it's way better. I think they switched the o-ring somewhere along the way and it's a bit too big. Just a guess.

chrisommer

Newly Enlightened
Try taking the battery out and twisting the head. Sometimes it's possible for the spring to put too much pressure on the head, making it much harder to twist.

Next, take off the o-ring and then try it out. If it's still rough, it's probably the threads. If it's smooth, put some lube/grease in the o-ring groove, replace the o-ring and twist it around before applying the lube/grease to the outside of the o-ring. Put the head back on and give it a few twists to distribute the lube/grease and put the battery back in.

If all else fails, contact customer service. Good luck.
It's definitely not the battery and is the threads. Contacted them prior to writing this sub and they have sent me two emails stating they will get back to me.

Thanks.

chrisommer

Newly Enlightened
updated original post. Great customer service! Satisfied customer and likely a customer for life. Thanks!