BlackShadow Flashlights.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
So from this can I assume you've seen & used the BlackShadow lights? What was there not to like?

I wont repeat myself sorry.

Skyway = Black Shadow
What you do with this intelligent question is up to you ;)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it interesting that they are in Shenzen, and they use the same "Magnetic Control Ring" system that is apparently Patented by Sunwayman, who also is HQ'd in Shenzen. Does that strike anyone else as odd?

They should have went with "BlackShadowMan" instead.

:shakehead

biglights

Enlightened
Sunawayman, BlackShadowMan, SkyWayMan, WhiteSunWoman, .. it's all the same to me : nice quality §$%&! :paypal:

Have you even tried any of the manufacturers that you constantly bash on? If so than feel free to give an opinion on your experience with us, if not than stop being so negative. I have noticed a lot of your posts are of that nature, in this thread and others. Most people come to this site for info not negativity. Try it :kiss:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a "Queen" model the other day. Have not "tested" it per se but really don't like the fact that the entire battery tube turns spinning the positive nipple of the batteries on the face plate of the head. The gold-colored anno(?) on the "faceplate"--area a the back of the head assembly that conbtacts the batteries (3 X 123)--was already worn off when I received the light indicating to me that this light had been used before or that the anno (or whatever material it may be) is poorly done. Whateve the case may be, this represents a design flaw IMHO since multiple battery changes will certainly exacerbate the problem with this wear. A better approach would have been to incorporate a tail which could be removed and which would have eliminated this problem. It would have cost a few more $ but, would have been worth it. At this price point however, I still like the light.

Karl

cchurchi

Enlightened
I received the Rook I ordered yesterday. It took almost 1 month to receive it. I ordered it from CN quality goods.

Although the machining is good and the light looks like a quality light, the thing buzzes louder than any flashlight I have ever owned. You can hear the buzzing clear across the room. It also does not work properly with standard AA batteries. If you try to switch to the low output, the light becomes extremely dim and starts to flicker and then shuts off. The only way to get it to work again is to remove the batteries.

My advice is to avoid this brand until they can fix their quality issues.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can hear the buzzing clear across the room. It also does not work properly with standard AA batteries. If you try to switch to the low output, the light becomes extremely dim and starts to flicker and then shuts off. The only way to get it to work again is to remove the batteries.

Sounds good to me. It's a budget brand (Skyray) who tries to cater to the international market, Blackshadow will be carried by non-Chinese vendors, that's their plan, i've talked to them because i find their products beautiful and interesting for the price point. Expect better quality from Nitecore tiny monster at 299$ ;)

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
Sounds good to me. It's a budget brand (Skyray) who tries to cater to the international market, Blackshadow will be carried by non-Chinese vendors, that's their plan, i've talked to them because i find their products beautiful and interesting for the price point. Expect better quality from Nitecore tiny monster at 299$ ;)

How does very loud buzzing and a light that doesn't function properly sound good?

basballny2

Newly Enlightened
Anyone had a chance to test these for a couple weeks yet? How are they holding up and are they worth getting?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious about the link between BlackShadow, FandyFire and Sky Ray and have contacted BlackShadow about this.

DX (who now have banner ads on CPF) have asked me to test a few lights and amongst them are the Rook and Queen (but the ones branded FandyFire). The lights I have are clearly built down to a price and although they have flaws, it has to be kept clearly in perspective of the price point.

If I get any useful information I let you know.