Brightest Budget AA Lights for Christmas gifts

parametrek

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure I know what video you are talking about, and no it does not "expose" any such thing.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TerraLUX Lightstar 80 meets all your criteria except the multiple modes. It is a penlight style two AA light with a nice clip. It has a CRI of 80+, so does a good job of color rendition. Battery Junction is selling them for around $20 I believe. I tried using one 14500 Li-Ion with a dummy cell so I wouldn't blow out the electronics, and it seemed to work fine. It is also available in several colors besides the basic black or white. All in all a good penlight. I have several, one on my nightstand, one in the car, and the others in my Bug Out Bags. Oh, it has a rear forward clicky switch so it can do momentary as well as on/off.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my Jetbean today. Very impressed. It exudes quality and a lot of light for the money. Bright hotspot with some throw but a nice smooth side spill as well. Gives my Olight S15 Baton a run for it's money.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
As i mentioned before. The Jetbeam only uses pwm with a 14500 battery. No pwm with alkaline, Eneloop etc. Non flashaholics wont use a 14500 battery. So the pwm prob wont be a problem for most users. If you want to use a 14500, yeah you will have slow/visible pwm in lo- med mode.

malocchio

Newly Enlightened
After reading this , I ordered the Jet-1 MK from Gearbest on Oct. 22....I paid the 5 bucks extra to ship from Florida...As of today still no torch....Turned the matter over to Paypal a few days ago after many BS email replies from Gearbest...

joemap

Newly Enlightened
@malocchio, Please keep us posted. I also ordered a Jet-1 MK, last week, but I didn't pay for the expedited shipping. Really hoping it doesn't "disappear" while in transit. It was item #3 though as I also ordered some BLF 348's that I've had my eyes on for awhile. My first quality lights.

@Croquette, I thought the Reylight was out of the OP's price range. I might have to reconsider my next, uh, gift!!

Joe

Andrew479

Newly Enlightened
@Lexel Wow, thanks for the tip, I was bent on getting the $60 (sic!) H52w, but that JetBeam looks awesome. At $13 it's nearly a nobrainer.

150/30/1lm seems just about right intensities. I don't mind PWM as long as it's above 10kHz and thus not visible for naked eye or camera equipment.
My H600w mk2 does have some PWM, but it's not visible or bothersome.

As for the 14500 having 1/3 of runtime - 14500 runs at 3x the voltage of regular 1.25V NiMH, however the energy stored inside is roughly equivalent to 2500mAh NiMH.
3.7V @ 800mAh = 2.96Wh
1.25V @ 2500mAh = 3.13Wh

dustynell

Newly Enlightened
After reading this , I ordered the Jet-1 MK from Gearbest on Oct. 22....I paid the 5 bucks extra to ship from Florida...As of today still no torch....Turned the matter over to Paypal a few days ago after many BS email replies from Gearbest...

resolved by Gearbeast or Paypayl?

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get why people go for the GB on an item like the Jetbeam. Extended unpredictable shipping to save $5? Not my cup of tea. Just do Amazon.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get why people go for the GB on an item like the Jetbeam. Extended unpredictable shipping to save $5? Not my cup of tea. Just do Amazon.

I got my Convoys and Jetbeams recently from them in less than a week and am thrilled!

Now I am going on 2 weeks waiting for some Keysmart from less than 300 miles away?

It is a gamble these days with anything.

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
I don't get why people go for the GB on an item like the Jetbeam. Extended unpredictable shipping to save $5? Not my cup of tea. Just do Amazon.[/QUOTE

Yes Amazon If you enjoy getting prison raped by the shipping cost, which Is why I always check the right side of the page to see If someone else Is selling It.

DMS1970

Enlightened
The Utorch UT01 group buy is $16.99 on BLF, 800 lumens on a 14500. , good reviews!