Bulkware Collections

shuter

Enlightened
Re: My Bulkware Collection

Steve - The number of Ti Dragons was eventually increased to 50 plus two prototypes that were for Charlie and the machinist for a grand total of 52 produced. I'll make a note to update the quick reference chart to show 52 total produced. The Dragon thread clearly shows that Only two were done with the larger machined dragon on the tail. Very nicely done IMO. You are one of the lucky two owners.

EDIT - I have just read through the 96 pages of the Dragon thread. It is difficult to know some things for sure since Charlie did not update the first post when the project was completed to show what actually was made. The information has to be pulled from the thread body (96 pages).

While there were 50 on the list at one time, there were 41 produced. Numbered 1 through 40 plus a 00.

I am not sure if there were two prototypes made since Charlie kept number 1 of the 41 and ArsMachina got one of the 41 as well. At this point I do not think so. Anyone know for sure?

I wonder what, if anything, was on the tail of the two prototypes? If there were any.

On the list of 50, (Which became a list of forty-one) Charlie shows that ArsMachina requested no engraving on the tail. (There was discussion about this and I think that request was not honored as it was decided along the way that all of them should have the Dragon Logo on the tail)

The list also shows some indicating no serial number. Rudi is one of those. (In Post # 1285 there is a picture of the serialized and non serialized Dragons). So I think it is safe to say that "no serial number" indicates that the buyer did not want a serial number on his for some reason.

Rudi - How about a picture of yours so we can see what it looks like without a serial number. (Not necessary now since they can be seen in post #1285.) Use Steve's link if you would like to see what the difference looks like or want to do some reading.

I hope the information is now correct. Sorry about the mis-information in my original post.

All of the original post was left intact and all editing I did is in Bold type.

Last edited:

Rudi

Enlightened
Re: My Bulkware Collection

Thanks Steve and Gale for straightening me out. Yes, the dragon on mine looks just like the one in post #1285 of the thread referenced above, larger than the serialized ones and filling the entire circle. The engraving is actually a bit more delicate than it apears in the photo, although it is the same. This is because the photo was taken with opposite lights illuminating both sides of the grooves thereby making them look wider. The idea of logo only without letters nor numbers didn't sit well with Charlie, but he honored it nevertheless, and then found it's simplicity very pleasing.

Last edited:

shuter

Enlightened
042.jpg

Black Smoke Chrome and Black DragonHeart
040.jpg
035-2.jpg

My DragonHeart family - Gloss OD has a P7 installed by Milky, Matt OD, Stainless Steel, Black, Black Smoke Chrome
051.jpg

Two original stock Brass Lioncubs frame an RPM cub w/Ti bezel and P4 emitter.
050.jpg

The bezel on the left was from an original Cub and was opened up by Jochen at ARSMachina.
The Bezel mod increases the opening about 20% allowing the use of a McR-20 reflector increasing
the lights brightness.
054.jpg

A family of LionHearts. The natural on the left sports a P7 by Milky, Stock natural, Black CPF edition, Bare Aluminum
056.jpg

My CubMeleons - About two dozen produced. They are Chameleon slim bodies, Chameleon Bezels that are more open than the LionCubs so more
light can escape, with LionCub non regulated control modules. They were all produced bead blasted. The one up front was Chromed.
057.jpg

A pair of Chameleons. One of them was built for Milky by Mr. Bulk with a P4 emitter hand selected by Milky himself.
058.jpg

My LionCubs - Two stock naturals, a black that has a P4 installed by Milky and a Bare Aluminum.
067.jpg

LionCubs, Cubmelions and a Chameleon Dressed with LionHeads that make them Throw Monsters.
064.jpg

Some Cub Candy
060.jpg

My growing Bulkware Family

The collection is a work in progress with a couple more coming soon.

Looking for DragonHearts and another Brass LionCub to add to the family . :D

Brass DragonHeart found!

DamCham found.

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
:drool::faint::clap::bow: WOW Shuter!!! Very nice pictures my friend! Excellent collection of Bulkware, very Impressive indeed:cool:!!! I still have to digest it all:drool:.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

shuter

Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words Steve. Know anyone with a Brass DragonHeart and a DamCham? Sure need em to fill out my collection. :mecry:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Dam Cham back yesterday:party:. Let me just say, it's currently my favorite light. I had Dennis (Osprey_Guy) Nitre Blue it, and datiLED put in a TFFC K2 UWOE LED and a LionCub board
party.gif
happy14.gif
cool.gif
bowdown.gif

The numbers:
Dam Cham with a K2 11,500 lux @1m (that's not a misprint).

Brass DH with a SSC ~4,500 lux @1m. (They use the same reflector)

I tried to take some pictures and they are very bad. The color changes depending on the light. It can be a Gold to Bronze. Then as it gets a little darker you see the Blue, violet, purple, and red come out. It's really well done:cool:. Dennis told me it's the only one that's this color. Apparently he heated the salts up to 600F instead of 550F as he normally did, plus a few other new things he tried. Here are the pictures, I will take better pictures later(the finish looks liquid
thumbsup.gif
):

Flashlights830.jpg

Flashlights858.jpg

Flashlights862.jpg

Flashlights865.jpg

My lighting is way to dark, but it's the best I have at the moment. I'm extremely pleased with the whole package
cool.gif
happy14.gif
!!!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I'm just seeing this now. Holy crap shutter, that has to be the nicest Bulk collection I've ever seen! :twothumbs

shuter

Enlightened
Steve - Your DamCham is absolutely beautiful!!! What a great light!!!

darkzero - Thanks for the kind words. I recently found the Brass DragonHeart I had been searching for and now only need the elusive DamCham to fill out my collection.

shuter

Enlightened
Hi Guys, :wave: Thought I would share a picture of my new favorite Mr. Bulk light. The Damascus Chameleon or "DamCham" It had been tucked away and is in Pristine condition, unmodified. :D

DSCN0765_edited-1-1.jpg

shuter

Enlightened
glockboy - Those BBH (Big Bulk Heads) are very cool. :thumbsup: How far does it throw with the BBH. Will that head also screw on a LionCub?

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are really great lights :twothumbs. Like the form of them.

rayman

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I update the Vip with Seoul so it throw prety far, the BBH cannot screw on the LionCub.

glockboy - Those BBH (Big Bulk Heads) are very cool. :thumbsup: How far does it throw with the BBH. Will that head also screw on a LionCub?

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my one and only Bulkware flashlight.
It's a bare Mr. Bulk LionCub.

4448101542_a99f428041_o.jpg

Last edited:

shuter

Enlightened
lisantica - That's a beautiful Bare LionCub you have there. Next to the Brass It has been the hardest for me to find. :thumbsup:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
lisantica - That's a beautiful Bare LionCub you have there. Next to the Brass It has been the hardest for me to find. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I admire your collection, especially that Damascus Chameleon :twothumbs