Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Flashaholic
I ask our sons to pre-brown the frozen tater tots before placing them into a casserole.
I did make this quiche on Friday. Instead of making one big one, I made two smaller ones and gave one to my neighbor.
I also fried the taters before placing them at the base of the corning wear.
Here they are before entering the oven.
1708251885618.png

and after 35 minutes at 375 F.

1708251933937.png

They were good.
Each bite was a little different. One would have spinach, the next onion, and the next tomato.
I added some nutmeg to the salted and peppered egg and milk mix, but something was missing.

Dang! I forgot the bacon!!! When I went shopping, it was on my mental list, but didn't make it to my written list.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night:
I started with a lightly oiled 9x13 pan
preheated the oven to 350F
cut up 2.5 lbs of skinless chicken breasts and placed them into the pan.
mixed 1.5 cups sour cream, 10.5 oz can of cream of chicken soup, 1.5 cups shredded cheese, and 2 teaspoons of grill mates brown sugar bourbon seasoning, together in a bowl.
I poured that mix over the chicken, and topped it with a crumpled sleeve of Ritz crackers.
Baked at 350F for 35 minutes.

Yummy!
1708514842920.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the pig (thats what they call the store Piggly wiggly here lol btw at first i was so confused lol . had roast on cheap becuas it was older. omg made some good chilli as much as chicken leg quarters work for chilli i like beef better. times get rough and im grateful for any meat but omg even older beef is awesome used lots of beans to make it stretch

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thursday leap year day, I had eye surgery and my daughter cooked dinner.

Shredded turkey breast heated in gravy, mashed potatoes, and glazed carrots with thyme.

The turkey was bought in the supermarket next to the rotisserie chicken.
The meal was delicious.

1709427554089.png

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night we had a friend over for dinner and I made coconut honey chicken over a bed of rice, with honey glazed carrots, and steamed broccoli.

I put the leftovers in rubbermaid tupperware, but first I turned the rice into "Rice Pudding". It's easy enough to do. Just boil it up with some half and half, and some milk. Add some vanilla and nutmeg, a couple of fistfulls of raisens, and mix.
One might add some cinnamon too, but I didn't.

1709429062042.png

1709429102240.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
@Poppy, How's yer peepers doin? 😵 Much better, I hope.
Yeah, thanks chance.
Last year I had cataract surgery. I paid for the upgraded lenses that I don't need to use reading glasses. I developed a floater in the right eye that gradually got worse, until it blocked about 30% of my vision in that eye 30% of the time. In October I had that removed. The surgeon sucks out the fluid from the inside of the eyeball, and the floater, and replaces the fluid with I think saline solution.
I developed one in the left eye too. Not as bad as the right, but I had that one done too.

It's great being able to see clearly again.

I now have 20/20 vision.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Tonight I pretty much followed this recipe.

chicken cacciatore with red wine.
I used Taylor's Tawny Port. I like it more than Marcella wine, but I like that too.

It was truly delicious.

1709513609445.png

1709513636359.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_3807.jpeg

Country style pork ribs, corn on the cob and slow cooked butter beans for Sunday dinner.

Used to be I'd eat the meat first then pack in the veggies. Now I eat the veggies and saved the larger pork piece for lunch tomorrow.

For the fall off the bone pork season with your favorite rub or seasoning/sauce, cook in the oven on 375f for 45 minutes or....

Charcoal/wood/gas grill at 275 for 2 hours.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wish i could do multi dish meals but my mind isnt good at multitasking. last night i made pork butt was 1.69 a pound at winn dixxie i just rub it down place fat side up and bake at 350 till its dont inside . then make gravy with drippngs. was yummy cut some in slices and then used stand ixer to shread rest

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Looks great! Where do you get corn with handles?

I love lima beans! I should buy them more often. I rarely get them.
Probably WalMart or Target. Maybe Marshalls. I've had them for years.

Raggie, the corn is cooked in a bowl half full of water in a microwave for 6 minutes. By the time the meat was ready they have cooled down enough to handle. The beans are cooked simmering with butter in a sauce pan while the meat cooks.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am learning to clean while i cook. ps true story as a kid i worked at waffle house as a cook. well for 2 minutes lol. omg worst job i have ever had lol. .