Buying a light you'll hardly use

Lumen83

Enlightened
For me its a Surefire G2X with surefire cr123a primaries. Durable, reliable, multiple modes, good beam, reasonably priced for what you get. Theres one in the snowmobile, ATVs, Jeep, Truck, etc. They're the lights that sit there in hot weather, cold weather, for years without being used and I can trust that if I need to reach into my snowmobile storage compartment and pull out that light 4 years from now to change a belt that snapped at midnight when its -10 degrees out, its going to work. Ask me how. Its happened.

vegassig

Newly Enlightened
I have few of these, I use old Surefire 6p lights for the job, two of them have LED conversions, one still has the original incandescent. I like them because they're reliable and can sit for years and are guaranteed to work.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found 3 Peli L1s in various places, so I've put in new cells and they are waiting in the truck for the first unsusoecting Midnight Muggle.
Man, these things are blue. So blue that you have to think that you're using a blue light rather than something that's just awful. They are also very weak, but bright enough to stop a car running into someone. Also, they sat in various drawers at the Brewery for 10 years and they still work. (that's my attempt at staying on topic)
Just hope the Muggles aren't Tint Snobs, actually I can imagine me be given one in the middle of nowhere and saying "WHAT?"
Sorry, back to your main programme.
P

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some lights are best suited to a power outage in Smurf Village. My parents had a few of that ilk. They were hardly using them, but who can blame them? Largely due to my influence, they now have a Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M61N, an HDS 3 O'Clock Rotary, and a 2AA Streamlight. Today I'm giving my mother an Olight S1 Mini for her purse.

These lights may still be used rarely, but I feel better knowing my parents will have light when they need it.

Frumious

Newly Enlightened
I have headlamps tucked away all over the place. Until recently I had headlamps dating back 10 years. They were replaced with Coast [FONT=&quot]FL72 LED Dual Color (CW and red) 3 AAA (the famous Costco 2-pack for $20 deal). They are focusable. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3 levels [/FONT][FONT=&quot]up to 400 lumen. [/FONT]

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
After viewing this video:

got Olight M1T Raider to my wifie in hope that at least this one will be liked and carried (lights in a drawer do not help much).

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi OP,

I just bought TWO of these (soon to arrive this week) : http://www.lumintop.com/toolaa.html

The Tool AA 2.0 is a portable mini AA flashlight, which is the upgrade version of bestseller Tool AA. With the incredible handy and compact size, it emits a max output up to 650 lumens with the compatibility with one 14500 rechargeable Li-ion battery. Four output levels for various lighting demands, and additional Strobe for emergency situations. The included diffuser makes it best for reading, campings and so on by creating a soft and pleasant beam. There are two tail versions for options, tail switch and magnetic, capable for tail standings to serve as a candle or magnetic suctions on a metal surface for different position lightings. Two positions body clip offers various wearing manners, such as clip on your pocket or on a cap to free your hands. Tool AA 2.0 is essential for camping, touring, home using, gifts, EDC gears, and emergency lightings.

I own at least three Lumintop AAA Tools and they are (without a doubt) my MOST used (and one of my favorite) lights! Super handy/well built/rear clicky.

Lumintop AAA Tool :
ToolAAA-1-750x750.jpg

At any rate, I figure the LUMINTOP AA Tool (which will support either a single AA battery OR a single 14500 rechargeable) at under twenty dollars a light, got to do it!

SixCats!

Last edited:

nimdabew

Enlightened
FWIW I bought one of those Amazon 5 LED flashlight packs for $15 years ago. They all still work, and the one I "use" regularly is still on it's original battery. I have absolutely no qualms about handing these out like party favors, and three of these in a glove box may be more useful. I keep all my nice lights in rotation for the must part, but still hesitate to let people borrow them because of how much they cost. These cheapie lights work for their intended purpose, so why not?