• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

C22Cvn - Best 18650 EDC (Must Have)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely love this light!

Quad XPG2 5000k and XPL flood - its like having a monster pocket rocket and headlamp in one!

coupled with the strive vn quad xpl (for MOAR flood) you will never need any other EDCs!

mc84

Newly Enlightened
I absolutely love this light!

Quad XPG2 5000k and XPL flood - its like having a monster pocket rocket and headlamp in one!

coupled with the strive vn quad xpl (for MOAR flood) you will never need any other EDCs!

Can you post some beam shot of the quad xpl? I'm intrigued with the idea and always could use more flood in my edc.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: C22Cvn - Best 18650 EDC (Must Have)can't wait for my quad xpg2

C22Cvn is now sold out. Next batch in 1 week

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that the 5000K XPG2? In the video, the tint looks awesome (neutral/warm tint fan here), my other 5000K lights are almost a little too blue for my liking.

Is nichia219b an option for the side emitter?
I'm pretty sure Nichia is an option, but just like the C21Cvn it's probably a very low output compared to the other choices. What about 4000k XP-L?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to comment about this light; I got it for my wife for her birthday.

First of all, THANK YOU VINH for getting it to us in time for our trip!!!

I can really see why Vinh likes this light so much, especially since beam profile is such a big thing for him. We have the XM-L2 PDTc front and XPL on the side and both are really beautiful beams. I honestly didn't think I would like the looks of the light, but actually found it quite nice, and it really feels good in your hand - overall. The "glass breaker" (I can't see how it's so small) actually will poke your hand (if held in the right hand) if not held loosely. It doesn't hurt, but is kind of annoying. If I get one for myself (so many Vinh lights I want haha) I would actually file it down. We wanted the front to be more throwy since the side is flood so we went with the PDTc. I honestly thought it would have more throw and at first was bummed, but actually, for an EDC, it probably really is a great mix of flood and throw and really lights up the way in front of you, as well as having great spill. Really quite impressive for this size light IMO. The side flood is really cool; beautiful round even flood beam. Sunwayman shows this as front for you and side for person walking behind you, but that really isn't the case in our opinion, as that really only works if you are pointing the light down in front of you. Usually when I walk my light is facing more forward then down, which then puts the side beam at my feet, not the person behind me. Still, we used both the front and side LEDs a lot, and the magnetic tail cap (I wish more lights had these). Add to it that it can be used as a headlamp (headband does not come with the light) and you really have a very complete light IMO. If I was going on a hiking trip and only wanted one light, this would definitely be the light to go. I don't do those anymore though, and who wants to take only one light anyway hehe?

So, overall, it really is a great, all round, very useful light, in a very small package! It's not the best at anything, but it's not meant to be.

Hope this helps for anyone thinking about getting this light.

Last edited:

Psychonaut

Newly Enlightened
I guess U3 PDT has more throw and Quad XPG2 has more lumen? How much? Anybody got any comparison?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess U3 PDT has more throw and Quad XPG2 has more lumen? How much? Anybody got any comparison?
Yes
Yes
I haven't seen measurements on the quads or this light. If you check Vinh's videos you can get an idea of what the PDT and quad beams will look like.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a quad xpg2 that will be measured soon. I till put out more lumen and a large uniform beam (think one big hotspot) - u3 pdt will be a spot/spill type of beam and less lumen but more throw